Thirty Two | Blood

{ my apologies for being such trash at updating :( to recap, audrey and luke have just found out that instead of vera and ashton being the "bad guys" for the most part it's really been michael to blame }

PS: the joker has nothing to do w this chapter but look at how fricking cool that painting is :0

-

Audrey read the text over and over again in her head. She didn't know what to do or what to say. She just had to say something.

"Just send it, babe. It's fine," Luke told her, wrapping his arm around her hip.

Audrey looked at Luke and nodded. She sent it.

"Michael, we need to talk. I'll be over in 30 minutes."

She decided she'd say everything in person. It would be easier. She turned her phone off and curled up next to Luke on the couch. He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her cheek.

"I don't want to go, Luke," she told him.

"I know baby, but I'm gonna be there the whole time."

"But that's the thing. You can't go in with me. I have to do this myself," she said.

"Are you sure?" Luke questioned, and she nodded. "I just-I don't want you to get hurt, baby."

"I'm not gonna. Mikey- Michael would never hurt me."

"But he has," Luke reminded her. "By the looks of it, plenty of times."

She looked down sadly at her hands, then began to cry. At first it was only tears, but then it turned into the type of sobbing where she couldn't stop even if she tried.

Luke held her so close, wanting only to make Audrey happy. Her happiness was all that mattered, but it seemed like keeping that happiness was the most difficult thing he'd ever had to do.

Audrey closed her tear filled eyes and listened to Luke's steady heartbeat. He continued to run his fingers through her hair and whisper, "Everything's gonna be okay, Love. Everything's gonna be alright."

Audrey wasn't so sure.

She wiped away her tears and stood up, trying her best not to start crying again. She wanted to get this whole situation over with. She just wanted closure.

"Can we- can we go now? Please," she asked Luke, who immediately stood up as well.

"Of course. But I'm driving, alright?" Luke said, and she nodded.

They drove together to Michael's house and arrived right on time to see that Michael's car was parked right in the driveway.

Audrey let go of Luke's hand which she had been holding the entire ride there. She was shaking, but Luke didn't notice.

"I'm ready," she said.

"Be careful," he told her, then leaned in to give her a quick kiss on the lips. "I'll be right here. I may not look too scary, but if he tries anything I'll make him wish he was never born."

"I love you, Luke."

"I love you, Audrey."

Audrey got out of the car and made her way over to the front door of Michael's house. She knocked three times, then stared at the door until it finally swung open.