Twenty | Stupid

[ A u d r e y ]

🌿🌿

After thirty minutes of driving in the pouring rain, Audrey had finally reached Long Beach, where her best friend was currently living with her boyfriend. Attempting to stay as dry as she could, she ran to the front porch and knocked three times.

The sound of the door unlocking made Audrey let out a breath of relief. She was greeted by a very sleepy looking Calum wearing boxers and a white tank top that exposed his multiple tattoos.

"Audrey! What are you doing here? I thought you were in New York?" he said, allowing her to walk inside.

Audrey hadn't told anybody that she was coming back aside from Luke. If she hadn't been forced to leave Luke's house, she probably wouldn't have even attempted to see her other friends.

Kicking off her muddy shoes, she sighed. "I had to come back. It wasn't as great as I hoped it would be. Besides, I missed everyone way too much."

Calum smiled. "We missed you too! Rain is currently sleeping off a hangover from last night, but she should be fine tomorrow. Do you wanna come back then?"

"Actually," Audrey started, not really wanting to continue. "I wanted to know if it would be okay for me to crash here for a little while. My parents are being psychotic again, I have no idea where my sister is, and Luke's new girlfriend banned me from staying at Luke's house."

She felt like a bother having to ask this of Calum and Rain, but she had no other choice. They were all she had.

Calum nodded in understanding, stroking the nonexistent hair on his chin. He seemed to be processing everything Audrey told him.

"That's rough," he concluded. "You can totally stay here, but on one condition."

"Which is?"

"I get to try on the jacket."

Audrey smiled upon hearing Calum's only condition, then shrugged off her leather jacket. She rarely let other people wear it, and Calum knew that.

"If you stretch it out, I swear to god-"

"I won't, chill," Calum chuckled, then grabbed the jacket from Audrey's grasp.

Carefully, he slid his arms into the sleeves and untucked the collar. Then, he looked into the mirror and winked at himself, which made Audrey laugh.

"Damn, I feel so badass," he whispered.

"You're such an idiot," Audrey chuckled, then took her jacket back.

Calum looked outside to see that it was still pouring. "There's an extra room upstairs that you can stay in. Do you need help carrying your things inside?"

"No, I think I'll be fine. Thanks, Cal," she said, taking out her keys.

"I'll go see if Rain's awake. Make yourself at home."

Audrey hurried outside and unlocked her trunk as fast as she could, grabbing her two suitcases filled with the few belongings that she owned. Once inside, she made her way upstairs to the spare bedroom that she would be staying in.

Audrey had been to Calum's beach house before, but only once. Calum was quite the party thrower, and everybody knew that his parties were the best.

The bedroom consisted of a full size bed with white sheets, a clear door that led to a small porch with an ocean view, and another door that led to a small bathroom.

Audrey frowned, seeing how dark the sky was. It seemed to make her day even worse than it already was.

She never intended to hurt Luke. She loved him more than anyone else in the world, but she knew that what she did was wrong.

She wanted to kiss him and hold him and tell him how sorry she was. She wanted him to be hers again, but now she didn't think that could ever happen. He would always pick Samantha over her.

"Audrey!" Rain said excitedly, running over to embrace her best friend. "Dude, I've missed you so much! How've you been?"

She shrugged. "I've been okay. How about you?"

"I've been great, aside from this pounding headache. Calum got a raise about a month ago, so we've been living stress free for a while. Hopefully it lasts. Are you gonna tell me what happened with your boy?"

Audrey sat down on her bed, and Rain sat down next to her.

"After I left, I didn't talk to him for two months," she began.

Rain gasped. "Two months? Why would you do that?"

"At first, it was because I didn't want to face what I was doing. I knew that me leaving would hurt him, and I didn't want to find out how much. After a month, I was going to talk to him, but my parents somehow got my number and I freaked out. I changed it, and in the process I lost all of my numbers," she sighed. "I'm so stupid. How could I let that happen?"

"Audrey, you're not stupid. You just didn't know. You're only human," Rain assured her, but Audrey only shook her head.

"Now he hates me. I know he does, and it's all my fault. He has a girlfriend now who treats him so much better than I ever did, and there's no way he'll leave her for me," Audrey said with tears in her eyes. "I should have never done that to him."

Rain wrapped her arms around Audrey, who hugged her back. She hated crying, but she couldn't stop.

"Shh, it'll be okay," Rain told her.

"I don't know if it will."

"Audrey, don't be ridiculous. Luke loves you. Actually, no. He's in love with you. There's no way that kid is just going to let you walk out of his life. Does he even love that girl?" Rain asked, already knowing the answer.

"No," Audrey whispered.

"So you really think he's going to choose a girl that he doesn't even love over his first love?"

"But Rain, I really fucking hurt him. How are we supposed to just go back to normal?"

"You're not, but what you can do is prove to him that you've changed and that you love him with everything that you have."

Audrey smiled. "You really think he'll take me back?"

"I think that if he doesn't then he's an idiot," she said, and Audrey laughed.

"Thank you, Rain," she smiled.

"No problem. Oh, and the other day I guess Vera was asking about you. It hasn't been the first time, either," Rain said, changing the subject.

"Really? What did she want?"

"She wanted to know if you were in town or something. Oh, and get this. She's dating Ashton."

"You're joking," she said, but Rain assured her that she was telling the truth. "Well I can't say that I'm surprised. I wonder why she's been asking about me, though."

"Do you think she's been talking to your parents?"

Suddenly, realization hit Audrey. "Oh my god, that would explain how my parents got my number."

"Vera had your number?" Rain asked, confused.

"No," she whispered. "But Ashton did."

🌿🌿

hey guys!! how did you like this chapter?? I kind of like writing in Audrey's POV, it's nice to see her side of the story, yanno?

aNYWAY, feel free to leave a vote and/or a comment and let me know what you think!

btw I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who has been with me from the start. I know that I usually suck at updating but I'm so thankful for y'all that stuck around and always leave me sweet comments. you guys make me smile, and it makes me happier than you know c: <3