Twenty Four | Ocean

don't forget to vote and comment! :)

-

Audrey and Luke sat on the swing with their hands locked together, staring at the ocean as the waves crashed gently against each other. Audrey couldn't help but notice how his eyes resembled the cerulean waters.

"Do you wanna walk on the beach?" Luke asked Audrey as if reading her mind.

She nodded and stood up, then watched as Luke picked up the can of beer that he had brought with him and frowned.

"I thought you didn't drink."

"I didn't," Luke said, then started walking to the beach, almost chugging down the rest of the beer.

He eventually dropped the can, which made Audrey a little upset, but she decided not to say anything. She simply watched as it rolled across the sand and finally came to a stop.

"It's because of me, isn't it?" she asked, kicking off her shoes and catching up to him.

When Luke didn't respond, she took his hand and raised it to her lips.

"You don't need to drink anymore, Luke. I'm not going to leave ever again."

"You keep saying that, but I don't know anymore," he said.

Audrey looked down at her feet, not knowing what to say. Instead of talking, they walked in silence down the beach, finally reaching the water.

"I'm tempted to go in," Audrey admitted.

"It wouldn't be the first time you've gotten wet in front of me," Luke smirked, causing Audrey to look at him in shock.

"Who are you and what did you do with Luke?" she laughed, then pulled her shirt off and climbed out of her pants so that she was only in her bra and underwear.

Noticing Luke's shock this time, Audrey smirked at his lingering eyes.

"What? It's not the first time I've gotten naked in front of you."

Luke blushed, laughing awkwardly.

"Guess this won't be the first time seeing me naked either," he said, then ripped off his own shirt and took off his pants.

They walked into the ocean at the same time, feeling the cold waves splash against their bare skin. The waves pushed them together until Audrey and Luke were standing next to each other, stomach deep in the water.

"Can I be honest with you?" Luke said, suddenly.

"Of course."

"I don't drink, Audrey," he admitted, which made her confused.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"This is only the second time I've drank, and there's something else I need to tell you," he told her, taking her hand in his.

"What is it, Luke?"

He cleared his throat, then took a deep breath. "I brought Samantha to the lake."

"You- you what? Luke, that's our spot. How could you do that?" she asked, suddenly mad at him. She couldn't believe that he would do something like that.

"How could you leave, Audrey? How could you break my heart into a million fucking pieces without giving a single fuck about how I was? Was I nothing to you?" he shouted with tears in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Luke. You know I'm sorry. You know how fucking sorry I am. Why can't you just forgive me? I love you so much, Luke. Please, I need you. Please just-"

Luke placed his hands on her hips and looked into her green eyes.

"I missed you so much, Audrey. You were the only reason that I wanted to wake up in the mornings, and you left. You were the most exciting part of my life, and you left."

"I know, Luke," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck. "But I thought about you every day. I missed you every single day that I wasn't with you."

Luke placed one of his hands on Audrey's cheek, gently grazing his thumb over her lips.

"Did you . . . meet anyone? While you were in New York?" he asked.

"You mean a guy?" she questioned, and he nodded. "No, Luke. It's always only been you."

"That's all I needed to hear," he smirked, then picked her up so that her legs were draped around his hips.

Luke's grip on her thighs tightened and their lips crashed against each other like the ocean waves crashed against their skin. Luke's kisses moved down to Audrey's neck, making her bite her lip.

"Hey! No fucking in the ocean, kids!" Calum yelled from his back porch, then let out a playful laugh.

"Fuck, I forgot there were other people around," Luke said, letting go of Audrey.

"Oh my god, we should probably go inside," Audrey said, and Luke nodded.

Audrey watched as Luke awkwardly pulled his pants up. She tried not to laugh at the fact that he almost tripped over himself, kind of like the first time that they snuck out of school together.

"Hey, Audrey," Luke said, reaching out for her hand.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Where have you been staying?"

"With Rain and Calum, here," she replied.

"Do you . . . uh . . . Do you wanna stay with me?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"I would love to." She smiled, knowing that in one way or another, Luke forgave her, and she forgave him. "But what about your mom?"

"She hasn't been home a lot. She's either at work or with her new boyfriend at his house. She stops by sometimes to drop off pizza but that's about it," he told her.

"Really? That's not okay, Luke. She's your mom, she should be home with you."

"See, that's the problem. She's always been home with me. She's never had time to herself before, and I think she deserves this. She deserves to be happy," he said, which seemed to surprise Audrey due to how much he used to hate the idea of his mother dating someone.

"That's really mature of you to say, but she's still your mom. She should be able to find a balance between you and him," Audrey explained, and Luke nodded, agreeing.

"I know."

Even if they still had some things to work out, she knew that it would all be okay. Everything would be normal again, and her and Luke would finally be happy with no one to get in the way.

"Audrey!" Rain yelled from the porch.

Audrey picked up her belongings and jogged to the porch with Luke trailing behind her. When she caught up to Rain, she noticed that she looked annoyed.

"What's wrong?" Audrey asked her, worried.

Rain looked around cautiously before replying. "Vera and Ashton are here."