Twenty Five | Love

"You've got to be kidding me," Audrey groaned, not wanting to deal with them again.

"Just ignore them, Audrey. Pretend they're not here," Rain said.

"They weren't even invited! Why the hell do they think it's okay to just show up here?" she asked, angrily.

Rain shrugged. "I have no idea what goes on in their heads."

Luke grabbed her hand in an attempt to calm her down, but Audrey was sick of Vera and Ashton constantly trying to mess with her. She just wanted them to leave her alone.

"Come on, Audrey. Let's just chill out here. They won't know where we are, it's fine," Luke said, motioning to the swing that they were previously sitting on.

"I guess," she sighed.

They sat down on the swing and watched as Rain rushed around trying to clean up a little bit. Eventually, she disappeared in the crowd of people inside, and it was just Luke and Audrey again.

"Are you thirsty?" Luke asked her.

"A little," she admitted.

"I'll go get us some soda," Luke said, then stood up before Audrey could respond.

Audrey closed her eyes and waited for Luke to come back. After five minutes, he still wasn't there. She looked around, confused, then stood up to search for him inside, but nearly bumped into someone in the process.

She was ready to apologize when she realized who it was.

"Ashton."

"Hey babe," he smirked, taking a step closer to her.

Audrey did not want to deal with Ashton today. She hated him. She didn't want anything to do with him. She wanted him to forget about her entirely and just leave her alone.

She took a step back, glaring at the messy haired boy. "Get the fuck away from me, and don't call me that ever again."

"Why? Don't you miss me, baby girl?"

She hated the way he was looking at her. As if she was a toy for him to play his little games with. She felt small around him, and that was something she would not stand for.

She scoffed. "Not at all. Why don't you go back to your girlfriend?"

Ashton rolled his eyes. "Audrey, you're so smart, but sometimes you're so stupid."

"What the hell are you talking about?" she asked, angrily.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You know that Vera's just using me to make you angry so that she can get to Luke, and you know that I'm using her to make you jealous so that I can get my baby girl back," he told her, taking another step forward.

Audrey was confused. She thought he hated her and wanted revenge, but he wanted her back. Except Audrey didn't want him back. Every part of her body was fuming with rage knowing that he had bad intentions all along. He thought that he could just steal her away.

Audrey stepped back until she was against a wall. "I'm not your baby girl, Ashton. I hate you."

Ashton put his hands on the wall behind her and whispered in her ear, "No baby, you don't."