Fourteen | Wait

"Honey, we need to talk," Luke's mom said as she saw Luke exiting his bedroom and coming downstairs.

It was Saturday morning, and talking to his mom was the last thing that Luke wanted to be doing. He wanted to get out of the house to explore, to live, to find Audrey.

Audrey hadn't come to school for two weeks, and Luke was worried out of his mind. He didn't know what to do or what to think, and she still wouldn't answer her cell phone.

"What, Mom?" Luke questioned, sitting down on the couch.

Liz sat down next to him, and eyed him carefully. After thinking for a moment, she cleared her throat.

"I know that me having a boyfriend has been tough on you, but please don't be angry with me. You need to understand that people are able to move on, and I'm finally doing that. I couldn't tell you before because I knew that you'd react like this, but if you're really this upset, I'll stop seeing Jared," she told him.

Luke shook his head. "No, mom. You don't have to do that. I was just mad at you for lying to me, that's all."

He was telling the truth, but Luke was also scared of his mom bringing some random guy into their family. What if he broke her heart? Luke would kill him without hesitation. Nobody was allowed to hurt his mom, not even himself.

"I'm sorry for lying to you, sweetie," she apologized. "And I actually think that the lip thing is kind of cute."

Luke smiled and hugged his mom at her attempt to make herself feel better about him getting the lip piercing. "Am I still grounded?"

"No, you can leave. You've been grounded long enough," Liz told her son, who smiled even more and thanked her.

Luke went upstairs and put on some clothes, then combed his hair until it was sculpted to his liking. When he was ready, he went outside and made his way down the street.

He could hear the faint sound of music blaring from a couple streets down. He knew it was the party that Samantha had invited him to, but he didn't want to go. Not without Audrey, at least.

Luke made his way to the lake behind the school where Audrey had brought him. He knew that she wouldn't be there, but for some reason, it was the first place that he wanted to go.

He wasn't surprised to see that it was empty. The rope swing swayed in the wind, and the trees shook above him. It almost felt wrong to be there without her, kind of like in that movie that he used to watch when he was younger.

Luke walked over to the swing and was about to sit down when he saw something written down in sharpie on the wood.

"Dork, go to abandoned house. -Audrey 3/12"

Today was March fifteenth, which would mean that Audrey had written that three days ago.

Luke didn't know how she knew that Luke would come there and see her message, but he was glad that she did.

He ran across town to the house that Audrey had taken him to and was relieved to see that the door was unlocked. Luke had no idea how to pick locks, which Audrey was fully aware of.

He opened the door and entered, gladly seeing everything the same as it had been before. He plugged in the lights, and looked around for any clues that Audrey might have left for him.

He strolled into the kitchen and smiled when he saw a box with a letter on it. Of course she'd put it in the kitchen, he thought to himself.

He picked up the letter and read what Audrey had written only for his eyes to see.

"Luke, (hopefully) if you're reading this then first of all, you're the most amazing detective in the world, and second of all, I'm in trouble. My parents practically kidnapped me, and my sister can't do anything about it because she doesn't want anything to happen to her baby. I don't blame her. Anyway, I left this box of my stuff here because if I bring any of it to my parents house, I'll never see it again. I'm scared, Luke. They're fucking insane. I know you probably have better things to do, but please do me a favor and stay here. If I'm not there by midnight, leave and take my stuff to your house, but if I am, then we have to talk about something. Thank you so much. Audrey."

Luke looked over the note again, not knowing how to feel. He was obviously going to stay there for her, but he had no idea what was going on.

Her own parents kidnapped her? He wasn't surprised, from the way she talked about them, but how was he supposed to know that she was safe?

He'd just have to wait and find out.

Luke opened her box of belongings and began searching through it. At the very top was her leather jacket, which made Luke sad. It was her good luck charm.

Why would she leave it? Was she scared that something would happen to it?

He kept looking and found her cell phone, some jewelry, photo albums, and a sketch book. He flipped through it, coming across many more drawings of Ashton, Michael, Rain with Calum, and even ones of Vera at the very beginning that were dated from over two years ago. At the end, Luke noticed that there were beautiful drawings of himself, but they were different.

He was the only one with color in his eyes.

Luke smiled to himself, then put everything back the way that he'd found it and called his mom, letting her know that he was sleeping over a friend's house. Then, he laid down on the couch and closed his eyes, hoping that Audrey was okay and would remember to come.

🌿

hey guys!!! I'm finally updating! hope you like it:))) I've been binge watching supernatural af and yes, Jared (liz's BF) is definitely Sammy BC he's daddy af (oops) ;)

love you guys!! have an amazing day/night:) and don't forget to vote and comment!!