Seven | Trouble

"Luke, wake up."

Luke groaned and pulled the thick blanket that was draped over him further over his head.

"Luke, seriously," Audrey laughed, ripping the blanket off of the blonde boys half naked body.

When Audrey brought Luke to her house the night after the party, he immediately went into her bed and stripped out of his clothes as if he was in his room by himself. He kept on his batman boxers, thankfully, but Audrey knew that she'd have to wash her sheets anyway. Luke had thrown up twice that she knew of, so she wasn't taking any chances.

Luke looked up at Audrey, squinting his eyes tiredly as if to make sure that she was actually there.

"Why are you in my room? Wait a minute . . . This isn't my room. Is that Johnny Depp?" Luke asked, referring to a huge poster of the male actor on the wall in front of Audrey's bed.

"Yes, and you need to wake up," Audrey told Luke, who only frowned and pressed his fingers to his temple.

"My head hurts and I feel like I need to throw up but nothing will come out. Is this what a hangover feels like? And why is my lip- OH SHIT!" Luke jumped out of bed and leaped towards the nearest mirror to inspect his lip.

"Oh my god. I actually did this? My mom's gonna kill me," Luke whispered to himself, but of course, Audrey heard him.

"Hey, she won't be that mad," Audrey told Luke in an effort to make him feel better. "Not like she'll kick you out or anything. Now, if I brought you home last night on the other hand, you definitely would have gotten kicked out. You were trashed."

"Did I do anything?" Luke asked Audrey.

She shook her head. "I mean, nothing that I know of other than making out with Vera, the biggest bitch in the world."

"Vera? The purple haired girl?" Luke questioned, his memory obviously failing him.

"Yup," Audrey simply answered.

"Oh. She's pretty. I remember you guys yelling at each other."

"Yeah, don't worry about all that, Luke. It's just girl drama."

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry if I did anything shitty."

"No, trust me, you didn't. If anything, I did. I left you alone with a bunch of people you didn't know, and I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I like that Michael guy, he's pretty chill. How did things go with, uh, Ashton?"

Immediately, blush started to form on Audrey's cheeks. "I mean, fine I guess. He's cool, but I don't know. He seemed a little off when I was hanging out with him. I don't know."

"Ohh," Luke nodded his head, secretly feeling relieved.

Audrey sat down on her bed and began putting on a pair of shoes. Luke took the opportunity to look at Audrey as much as he wanted to. He admired the way her hair flowed down her back and how every once in a while she would run her fingers through it to make sure it wasn't messy.

"Get dressed, dork. We're going on an adventure," Audrey said, then stood up and walked over to her door, leaving a very tired, very confused, and a very hung over Luke Hemmings alone, wearing only his boxers.

When Luke finally gathered all of his clothes and put them on, he went downstairs and saw Audrey waiting for him. When she saw him, she smiled and grabbed him by his hand, then led him outside.

They walked for a while in silence until Luke finally cleared his throat.

"I, um, I want to know why you and Vera don't like each other," he said.

Audrey shrugged. "It doesn't matter."

"No," Luke started. "I want to know."

Audrey sighed and kept walking. "We're almost there."

Luke decided to be quiet and kept walking. When Audrey finally stopped walking, Luke looked around. All there was were a couple of run down houses and some trees.

"What are we doing at a house? Are you into breaking and entering or something?" Luke asked, confused.

Audrey smirked and took Luke's hand again, leading him down a pathway and up the stairs of one of the houses. She took something out of her shoe, wiggled it into the doorknob, then somehow opened the door. Luke was easily amazed by Audrey. He didn't know why, but everything she did seemed so cool to Luke. Maybe it was because Audrey and him were so different.

"Not breaking," she said, taking a step in. "Just entering."

Luke walked inside and looked around in amazement. The house was obviously abandoned, but someone had laid down blankets in almost every room, set up a small couch, and hung up yellow christmas lights all over the walls of every room.

Audrey plugged in the lights, creating a gorgeous luminescence throughout the house that somehow seemed comforting to Luke.

"Wow," Luke whispered. "It looks beautiful."

"Thanks, we worked hard on it," Audrey smiled.

"We?" he questioned.

Audrey nodded and sat down on the couch, leaving room for Luke to sit down as well. He looked at it skeptically, but gave in and sat down.

"So, you want to know why I don't get along with Vera?" Audrey said, waiting for Luke to nod before continuing. "Well, it started a little over two years ago when everyone was still in school. Vera, Rain and I were best friends. We listened to the same music, hated the same people, and we loved doing things that other people were too scared to do. We found this place, fixed it up a little bit, and started hanging out here all the time. Sometimes when we were having family problems, we'd even sleep here, so we brought in a little air mattress and would have sleepovers or just come here by ourselves."

"So what happened?" Luke asked.

Audrey took a deep breath. "Well, we started bringing boys over. Rain would usually bring Calum, Vera would bring a new guy every week, and I would rotate between bringing Ashton and Michael. We'd all meet up here and hang out or whatever, and I was only a sophomore, the rest of them were juniors."

"Michael was obviously a virgin, but everybody knew that Ash had tons of experience. Something about Vera was weird whenever she saw me with him. I didn't know what it was at the time, but now I know that it was jealousy. I wasn't even dating him, but she was jealous because she knew that I liked him. One day when I came here to get away from my parents, I saw her here with him alone, and I freaked out. She knew that I had feelings for him, and she deliberately did that to me."

"Oh shit, Audrey. I'm sorry." Luke said, holding on to her hand.

"I would have forgiven her, Luke. But then she did something else that I knew I'd never forgive her for. You can't tell anyone this, okay?" she asked Luke who nodded reassuringly. "I've always loved Mikey as a friend, but I knew that he had a crush on me. I guess Vera knew too because a year later after what happened with Ash, she did the same exact thing with Michael. She took his virginity, not because she loved him, but because she wanted to make me jealous. How unbelievable is that?"

"That's fucked up," Luke said, not really knowing what else to say.

"Yeah," she nodded. "I don't want to be the one to tell you who you shouldn't hang out with, but if you don't want to get hurt, don't hang out with her, Luke. She's trouble."

Luke just chuckled and shook his head.

"What?" Audrey questioned.

"Vera isn't the one who's gonna hurt me," he said, avoiding eye contact with the blue eyed girl.

"Then who is?" she asked him, confused.

"You."

🌿

Hey guys!! Remember to vote and comment if you liked the chapter! I love you so much!!! <33