Ten | Awkward

When Luke arrived home from school, he immediately went upstairs to his room to hang up the painting that Audrey had made for him. After hanging it up on his closet door, he put in his earphones and went downstairs to get something to eat.

He ended up putting the leftover pizza that he never got to eat into the microwave. When he took it out and bit into the thin crusted pizza, he nearly threw up and immediately spit it out.

"That was cute," Audrey said from the doorway, trying not to laugh.

Luke took out his earphones and looked at Audrey, embarrassed. He quickly threw away his expired pizza and walked over to the screen door to open it and led Audrey inside. As soon as she was inside, he bolted to his bathroom, brushing his teeth vigorously to get the disgusting taste out of his mouth.

"Hey, sorry about that," he chuckled awkwardly as he walked back into the kitchen.

Now sitting on the counter, Audrey smiled at Luke and played with the zipper on her leather jacket.

"It's fine, I thought it was funny," she said.

Luke walked over to his fridge and chugged a bottle of cherry Coca-Cola because he could still taste the pizza in his mouth. He was relieved when the taste was finally replaced with the cherry flavored soda.

"That was the worst experience of my life," Luke said, causing Audrey to burst into laughter.

"Luke, you're so adorable and you don't even try," she smiled. "Come here."

Luke did as she said and walked over to Audrey who was still sitting on the counter. From there, Luke and Audrey were perfectly eye level.

Audrey put her arms around Luke's neck and pulled him close so that he was standing in between her legs.

"Did I ever tell you who gave me this?" she asked Luke, referring to her jacket.

Luke shook his head.

"It was my grandmother's. She practically raised me since my parents were always too busy fighting. She told me that when she was younger, whenever she wore it, something good would happen to her. The last time that she wore it, she met the love of her life. After that, she said that she never needed to wear it again. I always thought that was cute," Audrey explained. "Before she died, she gave it to me and told me that it was a good luck charm. I've worn it ever since."

"Your grandmother seems like a cool person," Luke said, staring at Audrey's lips. He loved it when she told him stories, or even just things about herself that he'd never expect for her to tell him about.

"She was," Audrey smiled. "She would have liked you, Luke."

"Why is that?" he questioned.

"Because you're a good boy, just like my grandfather was when he met her," she said, running her fingers through Luke's hair. "He was awkward and clumsy, just like you."

"I'm not that awkward," Luke attempted, but he knew she was right.

"Then kiss me," Audrey whispered, returning her hands to the back of Luke's neck.

Luke looked at her, confused. Then he realized just exactly what she had said, and he felt really nervous. So far, he hadn't kissed anyone. Someone else was always making the first move.

However, Luke really wanted to kiss Audrey, and he was going to.

Audrey looked into his blue eyes, waiting for him to do something, anything. Right as she was sure that Luke wasn't going to do it, he crashed his lips into hers, quickly finding the perfect rhythm. Luke's hands roamed to Audrey's hips where he pulled her closer.

Audrey let out a soft moan, which made Luke kiss her even harder. He wanted nothing more than to be with Audrey, to move his lips against hers whenever he wanted to, to hold her whenever he wanted to. He wanted her so so badly. He just didn't know what she wanted.

That was all that mattered to Luke. He just wanted Audrey to be happy and to feel safe, but he wished it could be with him.

The only thing that made Luke pull away from Audrey's cherry flavored lips was the sound of his mother's car in the driveway.

"Shit," Luke said, picking her up off of the counter and placing her gently on the ground. "Come on."

With their hands interlocked, Luke led her upstairs into his bedroom where he shut the door behind him.

"Why don't you want me to meet your mom?"

"My mom said that I couldn't leave the house, but she never specified the whole having people over thing," Luke told Audrey, who was now laying on his bed.

Luke didn't want to tell Audrey this, but he was scared of what his mom would think of Audrey. What if she didn't like her because she thought she was a bad influence?

"She won't come in here, right?" she asked, examining a picture of him and his mom on his bedside table.

"No. Probably not. Hopefully," Luke said, unsure of himself.

"Luke, you home?" his mother questioned from downstairs.

"Yeah," Luke answered, loud enough for her to hear.

"Alright, just making sure," she said, then went into her office to grade papers.

"She sounds cute," Audrey said. "I want to meet her."

"Yeah, maybe when I'm not grounded."

Audrey's eyes lingered around Luke's room until they found the painting that she had given to him. When she looked back at Luke, she smiled and pressed her hand to his cheek.

"You're not a bad kisser, dork," Audrey admitted to Luke who was now laying down next to Audrey.

"Yeah?" he smirked, turning on his side to face her.

"Yeah," she whispered. "Don't be afraid to kiss me, okay?"

"Okay," he said. "But Audrey, I thought you had a thing with that Ashton guy?"

Audrey shook her head. "No, I ended things with him. I like you."

Luke's heart started beating so fast that he thought he was going to pass out. Audrey liked him. She liked his awkwardness, his clumsiness, and how he always seemed to embarrass himself whenever she was around.

"Audrey, you have no idea how much I like you," Luke admitted to her, which made her smile and press her forehead against his.

He liked everything about her. He liked her confidence, her humor, her smile, her laugh. He liked that she didn't care about what other people thought, and she wore her leather jacket because her grandmother called it her good luck charm. He liked that whenever he kissed her, her lips always tasted like cherry chapstick. He liked the color of her eyes when they were staring into his. He liked her coconut scented shampoo and her lilac perfume. He liked the feeling of his skin against hers. He liked everything about her.

Luke almost kissed her again, but he was interrupted by the sound of her phone going off.

Audrey looked at her phone screen and frowned.

"Luke, I have to go," Audrey told him, pressing her lips gently against his forehead before standing up from his bed.

She walked over to his window, opened it, and climbed effortlessly onto his roof. Then, she climbed down the side of his house, jumped down onto the grass, and like that, she was gone.

DONT FORGOT TO VOTE AND BTW YOUR COMMENTS LITERALLY MAKE ME SO HAPPY AND YOU ALL (and johnny depp bc dayum) INSPIRE ME TO KEEP WRITING AND THRIVING OFF OF GOOD LIFE VIBES SO THANK YOU SO MUCH (((: