Twenty Seven | School

sorry guys i accidentally unpublished this chapter! hope you like it!! xx

-

"Hey, how was school?" Audrey asked Luke, who had met her in the office as soon as the bell had rung.

Audrey had stayed in the office with Nancy for the majority of the day, only because she had nothing better to do. Nancy even ordered pizza for the two of them, which she appreciated because she was starving.

"Alright. Are you ready to go home?" Luke asked her.

"Yeah, totally," she said, then gave Nancy a wave. "See ya later."

Nancy smiled and gave her a wave back. "Bye honey, don't forget what I told you." She winked.

Luke and Audrey walked out of the school together hand in hand. They didn't bother looking at anyone because they didn't matter. Just like before, it was only Audrey and Luke. No one else.

Audrey wanted nothing more than to simply be with Luke all day. She knew that it wasn't realistic, but she figured that maybe the rest of the day could work.

When they finally reached the car, they were stopped by the familiar sound of someone clearing their throat.

"I knew it. I fucking knew it," Samantha said, looking between Audrey and Luke with disgust evident in her voice. She had a scowl on her face and a glare that would make anyone back away in fear.

Audrey and Luke didn't move.

"What are you talking about, Sam?" Luke asked.

"I knew you never stopped having feelings for each other. What was I, Luke? Just some rebound?" she asked him, her arms crossed over her chest.

When Luke didn't reply, Samantha took a step forward and pointed at Audrey.

"I never liked you. You always thought that you were so cool because you were different, but guess what sweetheart? You're just like the rest of us. Oh, except for the fact that no one likes you other than those loser burnouts you decide to hang around with. Now what are you gonna do? Try to turn Luke into one?" Samantha yelled.

Audrey clenched her fists and tried taking a step forward but Luke held onto her, not wanting to see anybody fight over him.

"And you," she said, directing her attention towards Luke. "You're a fucking idiot. This girl broke your heart and left you. She didn't give a fuck about you or how you felt. She only cared about herself, and that's how it's always been. You know what's gonna happen? You're gonna get your heart broken all over again, and no one is going to be there to pick up the pieces."

Finally, Audrey had enough of listening to Samantha.

"You are the most manipulative, jealous, insecure, and let's not forget psychotic person I've ever met. You don't know anything about Luke, me, or my situation. You have no idea what we've been through. I'm sorry that Luke doesn't want anything to do with you anymore, but there's literally nothing you can do that will change our feelings for each other. So stop trying. It's not going to get you anywhere," Audrey said, then turned around and walked towards the car, ignoring the sound of Samantha mumbling insults under her breath.

Luke got into the car and looked at Audrey. At first she thought he was disappointed, but then he smiled.

"That was so fucking hot," he said, which made her smile.

"I love you, Luke. I really do," she told him.

She wanted to tell him that she'd never break his heart every again, that she cared about him more than herself, that she would never try to change him.

In return, Luke leaned forward and attached his lips to hers.

"I know, baby."

Luke didn't even have to say that he loved her back. She knew that he did.

Before they could kiss again, Audrey cleared her throat, nervously.

"So, uh, Nancy and I were talking and, she thought that it was kind of weird that we- I mean, we kind of are but it's not like- Labels don't really matter it's just-"

"Audrey," Luke said. "Be my girlfriend."

"Well that wasn't a question, but-"

"Doesn't have to be. We're in love, remember?" Luke smiled.

Audrey couldn't help but smile back. Luke made her happier than she'd ever been before. She didn't want to ever lose that happiness.

"Well then, where is my boyfriend going to take me on our first date?" she asked, playfully.

"Hm, I was thinking my couch, I could put on Parks and Rec, maybe make some bomb ass pizza rolls," Luke trailed on.

"Sounds absolutely perfect."

They drove home, and just as Luke said, he put on season one of Parks and Rec, threw some pizza rolls in the oven, and set up blankets on the couch for them to cuddle under.

They laid next to each other, casually eating pizza rolls while simultaneously trying not to burn their mouths. At one point, sauce fell onto Luke's shirt and Audrey couldn't stop laughing so he was forced to get up and change.

"Luke," she said when he came back downstairs and wrapped his arms around her.

Resting his head in the crook of her neck, he mumbled, "Yeah?"

"I was thinking, and I think that I'm gonna start going to school again. Maybe go to college for art therapy. I think that will be the best thing for me," she told him.

"I think so too, baby. You're an amazing artist, and you'd be helping people too. I'm really glad that you're making this decision, and I'm proud of you for not giving up."

"Why are you so good to me?" She smiled.

"You know exactly why," Luke told her, then gave her a soft kiss on the neck.

"Why'd you stop?" Audrey said, which made Luke smile.

He kissed her neck again, this time searching for her weak spot. After a few kisses, he'd finally found it, and began sucking tenderly, causing a hickey to quickly form.

Audrey pulled Luke towards her until their lips were together. Once Luke deepened the kiss, Audrey's legs immediately wrapped themselves around him.

They were so distracted by each other that they hadn't even noticed the car pulling into the driveway, or the sound of the front door unlocking.

-

UH OHHH STUFFS BOUT TO GO DOWN YALL ;)

just now noticing that this shitty book has almOSt 50K READS AND ALMOST 3k VOTES WHAT IS LIFE

i love u guys.

don't forget to vote and comment xx