Chapter Six

"Ten." You can say I am an adrenaline junkie. I always wanted to have that feeling of rush running through my veins. I remember I had climbed to the tip top of our biggest tree behind granddad's house, just standing up there to feel the cool breeze caress my bare skin and trying its best to take me away with it. "Nine."

Then from down below, granddad will yell up to me to jump. And that was exactly what I did. Me and my little body, like a gymnastic, free falling from the tree top into the arms of granddad. "Eight."

Although grams would always scold me and him for doing such dangerous stunts, we always end up doing it anyways. He was proud because I had gotten his gene of wanting to always feel like he was alive, to feel that rush course through. "Seven."

During my younger years, I had taken a liking to gymnastics but never cheerleading. Maybe because I didn't like the fact I had to scream at the top of my lungs over the roaring crowd of people or because I didn't like the fact that I had to put my trust into someone I don't even know. "Six."

But gymnastics. My god, gymnastics was all about me and my moves. Flips, one handed cartwheels, back-flips, three sixty turns in midair. Anything I could think of. When I got bored of that, I ended up just jumping off building to building like freaking ninja. "Five."

And when grams found out what I've been doing, well, I had to give it up for her. So I stuck with running. It was not nearly as close to the rush but the sting in my lungs from the continuous run and the lack of air gave me a good feeling. "Four."

The tiredness of my legs almost giving out told me I ran like hell. I had ran so much, I felt like I knew Montana like the back of my hand but of course it wasn't like that. "Three."

Running full speed ahead, I jumped over my obstacles while counting down from fifteen. I made sure of myself not to even let myself trip over anything; to not let anything stop me from my destination which was the cliff at the end of this vast area. "Two."

I had set my mind to get there and I was going to make sure I reached my goal. No matter who stands in my way and no matter what obstacles block my path. I was getting there, one way or another. "One."

Barks were heard from far behind me, along with growls from, hopefully, I assume was the boys. I could hear the thunder of their paws hitting against the ground. My racing heart felt like it was about to burst out of my chest. It was a very good feeling. I loved it. Every second of it.

Soon as I know it, their growls sounded right behind and beside me. Alex and Xander were battling each other out by pushing against each other until Xander was flung off and hit a tree.

Then came Ravior and Derek, racing each other and being neck to neck. Pushing myself more, I dodged a half fallen tree by sliding myself under and out the other side whereas Ravior and Derek effortlessly leaped up. Alex tried to slide under also but got stuck.

He let out a whimper then a howl. Xander appeared in front of him and a wolfy wheezing was heard, which I assume he was laughing.

I continued my way there until suddenly Derek and Ravior split up and jumped in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. "Now now," I breathed out, trying to catch my breath at the same time. "Only one person gets me."

They stopped mid-stride then swiftly, Ravior pounced on Derek, shoving him to the ground. Derek shot up and rammed himself into Ravior, knocking him into a tree with a crack.

I took that opportunity and darted off again. Growls and snarls were heard from far behind me. Then out of no where, a silver and dark grey wolf appeared in front of me, baring his teeth.

I abruptly stopped, bringing my feet down and just as I did, I slid down and landed on my rump with a thud. It was not Ravior, that was what I knew. I stared wide eyed as it snarled at me, inching its way forward, then when it lounged at me, I had rolled backwards, ending on my feet, then I jumped over it and ran off.