Chapter Ten

I laid in bed unable to sleep at all. Dante wasn't here either to caress me in his warmth. I was laying on my side looking at nothing but darkness. Ever since I have told him about my story he suddenly became distant.

He kept his distance and avoided me with strain. I admit, it hurts but what can I do but let it happen?

I sadly smiled as I thought to myself, "Everyone always leaves. No one wants a troubled and broken girl." Tears formed as I thought about it over and over.

What was a broken girl like me was suppose to do but pretend as if it doesn't hurt? As if she didn't even exist? I've lived my life pretending and lying to others. I masked on a smile when really all I want to do is cry. I masked a laugh only to hide my true feelings of anger and pain.

I had to convince myself that I was no longer broken. Not only did I have to convince myself, I had to convince others around me. Those who call themselves my "friend".

What did I really expect? I expected my mate to tell me, everything was going to be alright and to prove it to me that it was. I expected him to know how I'm really feeling without me having to tell him. But in the end, all I got was words of a promise.

Promises are meant to be broken. They mean nothing to me. I rolled over onto my back and heaved a shaky sigh as tears fell down the sides of my face and hitting my pillow. Wiping them roughly away I closed my eyes and tried to swallow down this horrible feeling. I didn't need it.

I was stronger than that. I don't need him, I never did depend on anyone else but myself. I don't need any of this. I don't need these so called friends, this so called love, none of this.

As much as it was hurting me right now I had decided to just stay away from what I had avoided all my life. Love. The one thing that can break a person more than anything else.

The whole night, he had not come to bed but instead slept on the futon. Waking up in the morning with my eyes burning from all the tears I've shed hurts and ignoring the sleeping man, I made my way to the bathroom and did my business.

Walking out while drying my hair with my towel, Dante no longer was in the room. Sighing silently to myself, I walked over to my phone and unlocked it. A week after he avoided me, I locked my phone.

It was my way of telling him he has no right to check my things. I went through the contacts and clicked his name, "Hue Zer Rykal's office, this is his secretary speaking. How may I help you?"

"Have your boss buy me a ticket for a visit for tomorrow's plane. I'll be staying for awhile," I said as I threw my towel on top of the futon. "Tell him, it'll be my last birthday with him."

"Yes, Miss Rykal. I'll have him know. Would you rather prefer his private jet instead?"

"Leave it up to him. I want to be there by tomorrow."

"Very well, I'll have him know."

Hanging up the phone I went over to my duffle bag and took out my clothes. A yellow long sleeve shirt with a roaring lion in abstract colours in the front, black ripped skinny jeans and black low top converse. Pulling my necklace on, I zipped up the duffle bag then grabbed my phone and clicked on granddad's name.

"Baby doll, what's wrong?"

I raised a brow. "Nothing's wrong. What makes you think something's wrong?"

"It's just...it's a little early isn't it?" He asked slowly making me give out a short laugh.

"Gramps, nothing' is wrong. But I need to talk to you and the old lady about something, can you come pick me up?"