Chapter Eight

My heart was pounding hard against my ribs as I interfered between him and his business. I know I shouldn't have and I might get punished for this later, but I would rather save a life than have it taken away from them.

Yeah, they've done me harm but who hasn't? I could care less about myself since I know for a fact that once I have regained my strength back, the people who did me harm will get what was coming to them. Always had been that way.

Dante immediately stopped and stared at me with intense eyes. I can feel my sweat running down the sides of my face. "Don't," I huffed out. "Anything else but this. I swear to god if you do this now I will leave you."

Dante slowly clenched his raised hand and let out a growl. I felt drained, completely and utterly drained from the sudden movements. We continued to stare at each other until he put his fist down. He extended his hand out to me and gruffly spoke, "Fine."

With a silent sigh of relief, I placed my hand inside his and moved closer to him. He wrapped an arm around me and nuzzled his nose into the crook of my neck. I leaned into him as my laboured breathing became heavier.

He tightened his grip and moved himself from my neck, "Take them down to the dungeons and have them beg for death."

"Yes, Alpha." The boys said together.

"Megan," Dante called out.

"Yes, Alpha?"

"Is the guest room good to use?"

"Yes, Alpha it is. I'll bring some new sheets and blankets in there just in case."

I was then hoisted and carried bridal style. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I buried myself onto him and closed my eyes. I could feel my own hot breath bounce back and hit me in my face.

The noise from outside soon faded and the only thing heard was Dante's heavy footsteps. After a moment of silence, he softly spoke with a hint of anger still left in his voice, "Are you okay?"

I just shook my head and swallowed hard, my salvia burning my throat. I eventually drifted into a deep sleep in the embrace of Dante.

I don't know how long I've slept but when I woke up, the sun was evading the room. I sat up in bed and looked around the room and it was Dante's and I was in his bed. Not that I minded, I slept great. Maybe a little too great.

Suddenly my phone went off making me jump startled. "Well, what the fuck Lenny," I cursed myself.

I reached over and looked at the caller ID and quickly accepted it, "Xander!"

"Baby cakes! Oh my god you're alive! Alex! Alex! She's alive!"

I cracked up a smile when shuffling was heard and the twins were fighting over the phone. "It's my phone! Let go bro!"

"No! Let me talk to her first!" More shuffling and then a thud. Seconds later, the phone went dead. I scoffed, "What the hell you two."

I looked through my phone and there were missed calls from granddad and grams, the twins, Ravior, Derek and Little Red. I first looked through the messages sent from all of them and lastly red Derek's message. "Remember what I said, just let him do whatever he likes."

I sighed the  clicked on Little Red's caller ID and put the phone to my ear.

After one ring, she picked up, "Oh my gosh, Lenny! Where have you been?!"

"Hi little red. I, uh, I'm on vacation," I simply replied.

"Yeah. Right. The Lenny that I know does not take vacation. Where are you?" She scolded.