Chapter Eleven

"What?!" He shot up from his chair, knocking it down.

Grandma reached over and grabbed his arm. "Teddy, calm down and let her explain. There's always a reason," she reasoned as she gave him a look that calls for the end of the argument.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I looked to Derek who in return gave me a reassuring smile. Granddad picked his chair back up and sat down with a glare. "What did that devil do?" He asked angrily.

Grandma slapped his shoulder and scolded him. "Teddy!"

I hung my head and sighed. "This is going to take awhile," I mumbled to myself as Derek silently chuckled.

And apparently it took all day until nightfall. I let out a dreadful sigh as I landed face down on my bed. Derek shut the door behind him and sat down on the chair. "Damn, how many times did you repeat yourself?" He hung his head and massaged the back of his neck.

I let out a loud groan causing him to laugh out loud. Suddenly, my phone rang and vibrated in my hand. I picked up without looking, "The hell you want," I grumbly muffled out.

"Who gave you permission to leave the mansion?" He sternly said making me let out another growl.

"I'm tired, I'm going to sleep."

I hung up on him then threw my phone to the ground. After a second, I ended up kicking and punching my bed in frustration. Rolling onto my back, I heavily breathed. "Are you okay, baby cakes?" He asked stifling a laugh.

My phone rang once more. I tightly closed my eyes and face palmed myself. "I don't know. I'm in between anger, frustration, stress, and anger."

Derek softly smiled then stood up and extended his hand out to me. "Let's go running?"

A minute after my phone went dead, it ring again. I gladly took his hand as he pulled me up. "Let's go!"

We went out the back door as I walked ahead first since he wanted to shift, just in case something happens when we were running.

After a moment, Derek walked up beside me and nuzzled the back of my hand. I smiled and scratched the back of his ear as he purred with delight. "Feels good?" I asked as he nodded with his eyes closed. I softly giggled and dropped my hand. "Let's go to the cliff," I said as I took a running start.

Derek kept up with my pace as I pushed myself even more to the point where my lungs burned. I slowed down completely as we reached the high grass. Breathing heavily, I laced my fingers together and placed my hands behind my head.

"God, I miss running like this," I said through heavy breathing.

Derek shifted behind me and shuffling was heard. He jogged up next to me fully clothed. "I'm still impressed with your running, Leena. Amazing!" He complimented with a smile.

I dropped my hand and carefully made my way through the high grass. "You think he's mad?" I suddenly asked not looking back at him.

"Furious. He was yelling in my head to find you," he chuckled. "And when I told him I was actually with you, well...you can imagine the rest."

I scoffed, "Jerk. What is it with him anyways? He's the one who did it first! If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here," I ranted angrily.

We finally reached the cliff. I went near the edge and plot myself down with my legs dangling off the edge. "Stupid jerk. Stupid alpha King," I grumbled as I threw a rock far off. Derek sat down next to me and then laid back with his hands behind his head.

I looked back at him as he stared at me. "I hate this feeling," I whispered. He raised his brow confused.

I laid back along with him and stared up at the diamonds. "Is it the mate bond that's making me feel uneasy, always angry and over emotional? I feel like I want to run away forever."