Chapter Thirty Six

It's been a good half a year now that he's gone and we would occasionally FaceTime with each other whenever he has the time to do so. During the first month after Dante went away, you could say I had slightly shifted. Key word, slightly. I had the abilities of a werewolf but still took my human form.

I didn't sprout fur but I did grow deadly claws. According to Derek, I was no mere werewolf which narrows it down completely that I was a lycan because of my last shift.

The second month came and the boys had stumbled upon a five year old little boy whose body was draped over his dead mother's body. When they had approached, the little boy cried and shook his mother to wake up. Xander came back telling me about the little boy and I followed him back to the group.

The brown haired little boy with hazy grey eyes with dry blood around his left eye was scared at first of me but I reassured him over and over that no harm was to go to him. He came back to manse with us as we properly buried his mother. Ever since the day he arrived, he was glued to my side and started calling me his mama.

He wouldn't dare go to anyone else, nor talk to them at first. We had reported to David about our find and he soon started to show up often to make sure the little man was healthy. Sebastian was the little man's name. He was a smart one too. Caught on quick and was always on high alert. "Mama, where's dadda?"

I gave him a small smile, "He's far away, Sebastian. He won't be back for awhile."

He stared at me with sad eyes, "Is he far like...her?" Sebastian was confused in a way. He didn't know whether or not he was to still call her mom. I knew he still wanted to but when he started calling me that, he would call his real mom, her.

I shook my head, "No, baby. He's only working. He'll be back soon and you'll finally be able to meet him."

Sebastian slowly nodded his head and continue to play with his cars. I ruffled his hair then kissed his head.

The next month had came too soon. Dante hadn't contacted me but nonetheless, Sebastian and I became closer. Like actual mother and son closer. He was stuck to my hip and I was always worrying over little things for him. I was thankful for Niki to help me out too during times when I was on patrol with the boys. "Mama! Aunty Niki said Uncle Derek was a big jack wagon. What does she mean by that?" Maybe I had spoken too soon.

I snapped my glare to her as she innocently smiled and held her baby boy in her arms. I went down to his eye level and stared at him with all seriousness, "She meant that Uncle Derek was being a bad boy. I don't want you to use those words though, you hear me?"

He quickly nodded as I patted his head and then walked over to her and pinched her arm. She whimpered and whined, "I didn't mean to!"

Another month went by. Little man was getting smarter and was talkative as ever. "And then Godfather David took me on a run on his back through the woods!" He shot out of his chair with a wide grin. "He was so fast! I was so happy! He could jump really really high and I felt like I was flying when I was on his back!"

I laughed at his perkiness, "That's good babe." He ran around the island counter over to me as I picked him up and kissed him all over causing him to laugh loudly. "Did you miss me today?"

He nodded his head and then looked down at my mark by Dante. "When is dadda coming home?" He gently ran his finger over it and a smile played on his lips.

My smile faltered a bit. I kissed his forehead, "Not sure, baby. We'll just have to wait and see."

Fifth month and I had a quick call from Dante but he had to leave so I wasn't able to tell him about Sebastian. I growled and threw my phone to the wall, smashing it to pieces. I took a deep calming breath and exhaled slowly.