Chapter Fifteen

I slowly made my way over, my heart racing and pounding against the walls of my chest. More and more memories flood back into my head as I grazed the keys with my fingers. Gently pressing down, the high key echoed the room.

My chest caved in as tears threaten to fall. So many memories in so little time. I threw my head back and heaved out a heavy sigh.

"Why not play me a song?" Derek's voice softly sounded.

I swallowed hard and stared down at it, hesitating and debating with my inner self. I looked over to him with watery eyes. "Should I?"

Derek gave me a smile and nodded, laying himself down on the couch. I pulled back the chair and sat down, sighing. (Que. the music)

My hands gracefully moved across the keys. All the past memories making its way into my mind once more. Every single thing that had made the little me so happy. Every single thing that had made the little me sad. The moments we all had when we first played together.

The tears I have shed from a scraped knee to a ripped bunny rabbit ear. Then soon, my mind was clouded with dark memories of seeing less and less of them both. Moving, from nanny to nanny to seeing new faces everyday coming and going.

Jessica started to come back around from my constant tantrums while Hue drifted off even more, so focused on work more than family.

A sudden attack on the house...brought them back together yet also separated them apart. There were so much blood.

"Baby, stay here okay? Stay here and be quiet. Momma will be right back. Don't move!" Momma whispered to me and shut the door leading to a hole inside the wall.

It was really dark but there was still light coming through the crack. Momma was running around the room until two men have entered with something in their hands.

Momma didn't move and she wasn't scared. Instead, she yelled at them, "I'd run if I was you. Being in the same room as me when I'm angry does not end good." And that was the truth.

The two men looked to each other than dropped whatever they had in their hands and had a scary smile on their faces. Momma backed up and tripped onto my bed as the two rushed forward and grabbed at her. Momma screamed for them to stop and when they wouldn't stop...and then something happened.

I had closed my eyes tightly, clutching my bunny rabbit close to me. I hung my head and rocked myself to calm down. I then heard daddy's voice from downstairs but I wouldn't dare open my eyes.

Loud running footsteps quickly made its way to my room and suddenly, a loud thud. "J-Jessica?" Daddy asked shocked.

I opened my eyes and looked through the crack to find his face pale and fear was plastered clear as day on his face. I moved about to see what he was staring at but couldn't see anything.

Cracking was then heard and Momma came into view, naked and covered in red.

"H-hue!" She cried. "Let me explain!"

They left me there forgetting that I even existed. I slowly opened the door and there before my eyes were the two men, laying in red puddles with their eyes open and their limbs far from their bodies. So much blood...

I shut my eyes as tears threaten to fall, although my body was shaking, I continue to play as the memories plagued me more and more. The day Jessica walked in on him with me by her side. A women, on his lap. Jessica was hurt, I could still clearly see it. Hue on the other hand, only smirked and continued to satisfy himself with the women who could care less about the two of us.