Chapter Eighteen

The party that Omar was taking us was extravagant with its shimmering chandelier hanging above the crowd, grand staircases that had a red carpet running down the middle of it and its rail of gold with magnificent design throughout. I was in awe as I looked out the large window down to the people below as they all wore fancy and expensive jewels and clothes.

Every time someone descended down the stairs, a spot light was shown on them and their arrival was announced proudly. "Lenny," Omar called out. I took my eyes off the crowd and looked to him. He gave me a reassuring smile and extended his elbow out to me in a gentlemanly gesture. "Shall we make ourselves known?"

With a deep breath, I nodded. "I guess," I softly said as I wrapped my arm around his and stood close. Omar gave a light chuckle and patted my hand. "Calm down before you make a fool out of yourself," he then whispered into my ear. "And stop biting your lip."

I stared at him and let my lip slip from my teeth. Omar cleared his throat and looked ahead, "Omar Yue and Leena Rykal." The man with a microphone did a once over at me and gave me a nice compliment.

"What a beauty you have there, Omar. She's the most gorgeous one yet!" The announcer chuckled as I shyly look away.

"She is beautiful isn't she?" Omar grinned and kissed the side of my head. "Now I don't think you should be here or else all the men in there will swift you away from me."

"Omar Yue, president of Yue Mall from Paris, France with his date, Leena Rykal. Daughter of CEO and president of Twilight Mall, Hue Zer Rykal."

We looked at each other then made our appearance at the top of the staircase and the spotlight shown on us and I swear, the place went dead silent as we descended. As we approached the crowd, women and men were gasping with smiles on their faces, nodding, looking towards Omar then to me, or mean mugging me. "Don't worry, most of them are all good compliments," he whispered to me as I nodded.

"They better be," I mumbled as I gave my best smile to those who gave me one.

I stood next to Omar the whole time as he went from one couple to the next, greeting and making small talk.

"Leena Rykal!" Greeted a familiar voice. Turning myself to the voice, I had spotted Mr. Theodore with his wife coming towards us. Omar had stopped his conversation to look who it was then greeted them with a lift of his glass.

I let go of Omar's arm, but stood close. "Mr. and Mrs. Theodore! What a pleasant surprise to see you here and dear god, Mrs. Theodore, you look amazing!" I said as I gave each of them a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

She put her hand to her cheek and blushed, "Oh, you! Making an old lady like me blush. How embarrassing!"

We all laughed and made some small talk of our own. "So, I heard that you're now the new CEO and president of your father's mall. How is that going?" Mr. Theodore, or Jonathan as he wishes for me to call him, asked.

I looked to him with a gentle smile, "I don't think I know what you're talking about. Who did you hear that from?"

He waved his hand in a dismissive manner and leaned in to whisper for my ears only, "It's the only reason why you'd be back, right?" He pulled away and a wide grin was on his face. "And your father was talking about it at your birthday party also! We all agreed too that you'd be good at it."

"With how you handled that situation years ago, you got potential to be your own boss or a good business partner. So how about it?" He asked with a glint in his eyes.

"How about what?" I asked looking at the two who look like they had hit the winning slot.

"Being business partners! With my oil and gas company along with your mall, not only will we be getting in more money than ever, we will be able to expand."