Chapter Seventeen

Omar looked at me with sadness in his eyes, hope lacing slowly in them. The sun's rays hitting his face perfectly, showing off his jawline and making his eyes as light as ever. He continue to look at me and suddenly, stepped another step forward and took my hands in his big ones. "That night you left me on that balcony, I had made my mind to go after you. You've left a strong impression on me like no other girl or women has for all throughout my one hundred some years."

"Omar...what are you trying to say?" I asked as I kept looking up at him in confusion. I was pretty sure I made myself clear that I wanted no one other than Dante.

"What I am saying, Miss Rykal," he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close to his warmth and leaned dangerously close to my face as he whispered only for my ears to hear only, even though we were alone on that secluded area. "I'm going to try my best to fight for your love. Fight against the mate bond to have you."

Taken off guard, Omar gently grabbed my chin and tilted it upward and swiftly placed his lips upon mine. My eyes widen but I was struck stiff. I felt like I couldn't move from being so dumbfounded by the situation we were in. When he left my lips, he looked deeply into my eyes with pure commitment to his words.

"I will do my best to have you by my side and claim you as mine and when I do, I'll shout it to the whole world to hear," he gave me a kiss on the forehead and then led us back to his bike and took me home.

Before he left the driveway, he took my hand once again and left a kiss on the back of my hand in a loving way. "Good night, Miss Rykal. I'll text you when I get home to let you know I got there safely. Sleep well, love."

All I could do was nod. He gave me a handsome smile and put his helmet back on and left the driveway, riving his bike on the way out and sped off. I took a deep breath and eventually made my way inside the house and up to my room.

Upon entering, Jessica called out to me making me stop in my tracks and look to her with a blank expression. "Yes? Is something wrong?"

She shook her head as she gave me a small smile, "I just want to say Thank you, for giving us a second chance as parents."

I looked to her light brown eyes and then to Hue who was standing far down the hallway behind her. Giving her a pointed look, I spoke in a serious business manner, "Although I have given this chance to you two does not mean you can go on ahead and do as you please as if it was like before. You're still the Jessica who beat up her child until death was nearly at her doorstep."

"And you were the father who neglected her until it was time for his heir to take the seat. I am only helping you two out so you two can get settled back in and go on about your lives like normal people. When things have settled down in this house along with at the mall, I am going back."

"Back to the people who fixed this broken little girl and back to my mate who is painfully waiting for me because I have not told him why I did what I did." I looked to Hue with dark eyes, "If he even asks you about anything about this, you are to ignore it all and not give him an answer. This is MY order as Luna and Queen. Do I make myself clear?"

Hue walked towards Jessica and nodded as he wrapped an arm around her and brought her close to him. "We understand." Jessica nodded and looked to the ground with shame.

Turning away from them, I entered my room and shut the door without another word. I leaned my back against the door and slid down once I heard their footsteps fade away. Bringing a hand up to my chest, I shakily breathed in and out. I stayed like that until I had gotten a text from Omar saying that he got home safely and for me to have a good night's sleep.

Standing up from my spot, I went do my business and got ready for bed. Getting myself situated under the blankets, I took my phone and called Derek. "Leo, what's up man?'