Chapter Thirty Eight

"Mama, I want mac and cheese," Sebastian said as he scratched his neck. I smiled and stopped his hand, "if only you stop scratching."

He pouted and puckered his lips, "But mama! That's no fair!"

I shook my head and kissed his forehead, "Then too bad, little man. Eat the rest of your spaghetti before it gets cold."

He scowled at me as I raised an intimidating brow at him to continue. His eyes faltered. Dante came walking into the kitchen, reading some papers. Sebastian swirled around, "Dadda! Mama won't feed me!"

I gasped a scoff as Dante looked up to an angry looking Sebastian then chuckled. The necklace caught my eye right away making my heart race a bit. He put his papers down and picked the little guy up. "How is that so when you have spaghetti sauce all over your mouth?"

Sebastian growled in annoyance and angrily wiped it off with a napkin that Dante had handed him. "Eat that first and later I'll cook the Mac and cheese for you."

"Promise?"

"Promise, little man," Dante said then kissed his head. Setting him down in his chair, Sebastian obediently ate his food as Dante came over and sat next to me. I shook my head and continue to eat. He kissed my head and then the ball of my shoulder, "Afternoon, Mama."

A smile formed on my lips, "Hi Dadda."

Dante looked to my lips and then up to me as I gave him a smirk. "Want a kiss?" He smiled and inched in, "Gimme." I was leaning in when I was stopped.

"No! She's mine!" Sebastian then interrupted, jumping out of his chair and coming in between us. I bursted into a fit of giggles as Dante face dropped completely, not being ready for his sudden outburst.

"Sebastian, you already know mama's mine," Dante argued with narrowed eyes.

Sebastian growled, "Mine!" His little body shook as it completely took me off guard. I rubbed his little arms and put him in my lap as he turned around and hugged me.

I looked to Dante confused as he stared back with the same amount of confusion with anger. I rubbed Sebastian back, "Little man, why are you acting like this?"

I pulled away and looked in straight in the eyes. His eyes flickered as he spoke, stuttering over his words from the anger that built up, "Y-you're mi-ine M-mama. D-dadda-a t-tryin-ng to t-ake you aw-way from-m me."

"Why do you say that?"

His body shook less as his flickering eyes slowed to a stop, "That's why you were sad. Right? Last night when I was sleeping. I could feel you be sad." I looked at him shocked. I didn't know what to say to that. Even my little man could feel it.

I forced on a smile and kissed his forehead, "Thats right baby, I was sad that Dadda might not like you. But," I pulled away and looked at him lovingly, "Dadda said he'll love you just as much as Mama. So, I'm happy now."

He looked between the two of us then growled at Dante. "She still mine." He jumped out of my lap and walked off with his head held high.

"Remember to wash your hands and mouth, Sebastian," I said as he left out the kitchen. I shook my head and finished the rest of my food.

Dante scowled. I pointed a finger at him, "Don't you even think about saying anything."

He looked down at my finger and snapped his teeth, close to biting down on it if I hadn't moved it in time. I slapped his shoulder and brought my plate and Sebastian's to the sink. Dante strolled over then trapped me between the counter. He kissed my shoulder then made his way up, "I don't like him."