Chapter Fourteen

I moved closer as Jenny stirred then stuttered out, "I...I just wanted my jewels!"

I slammed my fist down on the small granite counter and boomed with a strong voice, making her flinch and whimper. "You shifted!"

She backed away and coward some more. "You shifted in public eyes, live! Do you know what you just did?!"

She shot up to her feet and glared at me with red eyes. "I don't care! Let the world know werewolves exist! Why should we have to hide ourselves?!"

I stepped forward as she backed away against the case. "You fool! We live in a world where beings like you are a monster. Where foreigners are known as terrorists! Do you think these people are going to accept you when all they do is want to hunt you down and skin your fur clean off your bones?!"

Her eyes darted everywhere confused and in distress. Suddenly she shifted again, pouncing on me. I quickly blocked my face as she clamped down her jaw on my arm. I let out a painful cry then punched her in the face with my other hand. She let go and whimpered. I got on top of her and wrapped my arms around her neck, squeezing all the air out.

She rammed me against the glass cases and granite counter but I wouldn't budge to let go. Jenny began to wheeze then dropped to the ground, whimpering. With a tighter hold, I sat on top of her and then cracked her neck where she would only knock out.

With a huff, I stood up stumbled out the shop and looked around to make sure no one heard or saw anything. I looked back to the knocked out wolf and furrow my brow. My vision blurred as it finally dawned on me that I could do nothing else but to kill her.

To kill her and ease the minds of those that saw her shift. With some deep breaths I moved myself back on top of her, wrapping my arm around her neck.

My body shook and trembled. Unable to do it, I let go and huffed as I stumbled away from her, tears threatening to fall. "What do I do?" I asked myself, looking around for answers. The gears in my head turning.

There were glass shattered everywhere and expensive as accessories on the ground and just hanging of the cases. I quickly looked back to her then down to all the broken glass. Picking up a big piece of glass I drove it into her side and then took it back out, accidentally scraping my hand. Wincing, I grabbed her front legs and dragged her out the store so it left a trail of blood.

I wiped her blood around my neck and jacket and splattered some on my face. Soon, Derek and Hue came running towards me in a rush. I put my bloody hand on the rail and made sure my hand print was on and trailing up to the top as if I was pulling myself up.

I took a step back and carefully looked over the scene. "Leena, are you okay?" Derek asked as he examined my hand.

"Later, Derek. Right now, we need to get her out of here and lock her up somewhere far from civilization."

He nodded, "I'll bring her to an Alpha near by and have him take her in under the order or Alpha King Florence."

"Make sure no one sees you," I worriedly said as he gave me a small smile then went over and picked her effortlessly up and jumped down the fourth floor down to the first and ran out the back door.

"Are you okay?" Hue asked as he looked me over.

I nodded, "I'm fine, your fourth level will be off limits for awhile."

I turned towards the way I first came. "I'll talk to the reporters and tell them I killed and disposed of the threat." I quickly descended down the escalator and made my way all the way to the front where lights began to flash and reporters start to hover over. The doors opened and suddenly, I was hit with many questions.