Chapter Nineteen

We sat in silence all the way back to Hue's house. Upon entering, Jessica came out and greeted us happily. "Leena, David! How did the party go?" Ignoring her, I walked past and headed up the stairs without a word with David following closely behind me. Just as I opened up the door, he stopped me by pulling at my elbow.

"Lenny, wait," He said as he slightly squeezed my arm.

I glared back at him as I tugged my arm out of his grip. I walked into my room with him shutting the door when he entered. "Why are you acting this way? Why are you avoiding Florence? Why did you take your dad's job? Why?" I sat down on the chair and rubbed my temples. "Answer me, Lenny!"

"What the hell is your problem?!" I angrily boomed out, causing him to back up shock. "You're only here to do your job so do it and get off my back and out of my business! How many fucking times do I have to tell you!?" I huffed and puffed and felt like my whole world just crumbled down and suddenly blacked out.

When I awoke, my head was painfully throbbing and my body felt so weak I couldn't even sit up without heavily breathing. I held onto my head and heaved out a sigh. Just then, the door to my room opened up and an old lady came in with a tray of food and medicine off to the side.

Finding it weird that everything seemed more distinct and I could see that far, I brushed it off like it was nothing and gave her a small smile.

"Good afternoon, Miss Rykal. I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was your last caretaker before everything had happened." She placed down the tray and stood straight and gave me a warm smile.

As I looked longer, her familiar face started to come back. "Ah...Mrs. Gilmore," I softly whispered as I returned her with a better smile. "How have you been, grams?" Tears brimmed her eyes and nodded, "I'm doing quite fine. How have you been, sweetheart? You've been through hell and back."

I laughed and leaned myself back against the bedpost. "I wish I could be better but then I'll probably be a spoiled, no-good-for-nothing, brat."

"Miss Rykal," she chuckled and looked to me with loving eyes. "It has been too long. You were just a little girl then. Now look at you! You've grown into a great woman with great potential. I am so proud of you, little one."

I scoffed and put the tray over my lap, "You flatter me too much, Mrs. Gilmore." I picked up the spoon and stopped when I saw the porridge. I looked up to her as she quickly explained, "You had blacked out last night suddenly. The doctor that was with you that night, said that you had overdone yourself good. All the stress had built up had caused you to faint."

As I thought about it, I tilted my head in a questioning way but shrugged. "I guess," I dipped the spoon into the food and ate slowly. Half way done with my food, my phone went off. I reached over and accepted it without looking. Something I usually never do but started doing it for whatever the reason was. Maybe it was annoyance?

"Yeah?" I said with my mouth full.

"Baby cake!" Xander screamed through the phone. I jerked the phone away shocked, almost spitting out my food. "Holy shit, you're alive! Alex! Alex, she's alive!"

I stared at phone confused. Did I have this conversation before? "What no way! Give me my phone back!"

"No! Stop, Xander before I plummet you to the ground!" Alex shot back. Shuffling was heard and then the line went silent. They had hung up. I scoffed, unbelieving that I was having this conversation with them again. I threw my head back and laughed. I scrolled down to Derek's and called him. "Leena!"

"Hi, Derek," I greeted with a sigh. "The boys were fighting for Xander's phone again."

Derek growled. I could just imagine him, rubbing his hand down his face and up through his hair. "Those idiots..." I laughed a short one and continue to eat my food as Mrs. Gilmore helped clean my room.