Chapter Twenty Five

For the past days, I've been stuck to Dante's side like super glue. He would not let me leave his sight and if I was to leave, there were men who followed and escorted me to where I want or need to go. "Thanks guys, tell Dante I'll just stay in the room and try to catch some sleep," I said tiredly as they bowed after checking all the windows and doors.

I crawled onto the bed and got under the blankets. Lately, I've been really tired and restless. I'm not sure from what exactly but I knew for a fact I couldn't sleep at all if Dante was not in bed with me. Even after he puts me to sleep and leaves the room to do his other business, I end up waking up and waiting for him to return.

Just as my head hit the pillow, I felt nauseous and on the verge to throw up. As quickly as possible, I shot up from bed and ran to the bathroom and targeted the toilet, throwing up everything I had eaten just moments before. I rinsed my mouth and stared at my reflection confused.

I walked over to Dante's desk and picked up my phone, clicking on the calendar and swiped to last month. Biting my lip nervously I texted Dante: You think Deanna can come visit me? I miss her.

I sat down in his big chair and crossed my legs, waiting for his reply. My phone vibrated in my hand: It's fine. I'll be in my office if you need me.

With a breath of relief, I called grams. "Hello?" Her sweet merrily voice greeted.

"Grams, I got an issue and I need you here as soon as possible," I quickly said.

"Leena? What's wrong sweetie?" Her voice changed into a worried one as I could hear a bang in the background and heavy footsteps. "Baby doll? What's wrong? Who do I have to kill?"

"Teddy!" Grams gave him a loud slap and stole the phone away. "Get away and get out. This is a girl's talk and not for men like you to hear. Move it!"

After awhile of arguing and a door slamming shut, she spoke again, "Now, what's wrong?"

I took a deep breath, "I think I'm pregnant."

As soon as we hung up, about an hour later she showed up with Teddy. Grandma closed the door behind her, shutting Teddy out, and shoved me to the bathroom, "Read the directions. I'll wait out here until you're done." She handed me a small box and then shut the door to the bathroom.

After doing what it said, I flushed and closed the lid to the toilet and waited. I was out of my mind nervous as my heart was racing. My breath along with my hands were shaking. I gripped onto the stick and watched as it the line slowly appeared. "One line," I breathlessly whispered.

As I continue to watch, I felt as if the world had stopped along with a beating heart. I covered my mouth with one hand as tears blurred my vision. I removed my hand from my mouth and placed it over my chest as I caught my breath.

I bit my trembling lips. I clutched the stick close to my chest and held in my tears. I don't know if I should be happy or sad about this outcome. I really didn't know. I don't even know what to think. What should I do?

As I slowly stood from the seat, I made my way to the bedroom door and walked out with Deanna waiting patiently for me. When she looked over to me, she rushed over. "So?" She urgently asked.

I couldn't speak. Couldn't find my words as the result made me go into a trance like daze. Deanna gently took my hand and opened up my fingers. She placed a hand over her chest as tears, too, formed in her eyes. Looking back at me, she cupped my cheek, "You're a mommy," she softly whispered.

I looked at her as my eyes fluttered. Tears blurred my vision as my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. "What am I going to do?" I said barely above a whisper and then fell into a world of darkness, collapsing to the ground.