Chapter Sixteen

I was running. And that was it. Running alone as everything blurred by. My lungs were burning but I felt no pain. My legs were moving but my breathing was steady.

As I looked around, everything seemed to slow down and there before me was a white building. My mind refused to go in but my legs acted on its own.

Swallowing hard and taking ahold of the doorknob, I swung it open to only have my vision blinded by the light.

I opened my eyes to a dimly lit room with something heavy draped across my body and warmth hitting my neck. I turned my head to look, and up close to my face was Dante, peacefully sleeping.

I heaved a silent sigh and slowly reached over and grazed my finger down his clean shaven jaw. His wolf purred making me smile from the affect I have on them. I removed loose hair strands away from his forehead and turned my body towards him, wrapping an arm around his torso.

Dante tightened his grip and pulled me closer unconsciously with a low growl. I sighed contently and buried myself deep into his embrace. I traced the muscles on his back and making my way lower.

I steadily breathed as I thought back to how I got into this situation in the first place and when they all came rushing back, I stilled.

I had an anxiety attack.

It's been years since my last one.

I placed my forehead on Dante's chest as I start to feel my chest strain once more. Taking a deep breath, I slowly exhale and his toxic yet addicting scent eases it down. With another deep breath and slow exhale, the strain completely disappears when Dante starts rubbing my back.

"You okay?" He hoarsely whispers.

I nodded my head, huffing at the end. I craned my head to look up at him. His dark eyes squinted down at me, looking to find another answer to satisfy his worrying.

"It's been years since I've had one," I then whispered. I bit my lip, "The last one was a week after I visited her in jail. It was the very last time I saw her. Until yesterday."

Dante moved back a little and moved down to my eye level. I removed my hand from his back and caressed his cheek, rubbing my thumb against his smooth skin. "I like you in stubs better," I mumbled with a slight pout.

He lightly chuckled, "You're calling me ugly?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah." I simply answered making him pull me even closer. I giggled. "Stupid Alpha," I whisper as I brushed my nose against his.

"That's because you make me this way," he huskily said with a soft voice, rubbing his nose against my head. Dante started rubbing circles on my back, "I missed you so damn much, Leena."

I looked at him as his eyes were soft and filled with longing. I gave him small faltering smile, "I have something to tell you."

His body went tense, his expression starting to turn cold, and the movements of his hand rubbing my back stopped. "I, uhm," I was nervous and scared. I knew very well what could happen if I had taken over the mall as the new young CEO. Although I could not work as a full time yet, I was still in charge.

I knew if I had did what I did, Dante was not going to be happy about it. This situation I put myself in could go all different kind of ways. "What is it?" He said with an edge.

I took a deep breath and let it out in a huff. "I took over Hue's job."

He tightened his grip around me as his breathing started to become heavy. His eyes searched mine if I was telling the truth and my racing heart felt like it was going to explode. "You're leaving me. For good this time?" He asked with piercing eyes.