Love Me Chapter One

Chapter One:

McKenzie's Point Of View:

It all started September 9, 2010. When we both met. I remember it like it was just yesterday.. When we bumped into each other on the first day of school:

Flashback:

"Watch it!" I yelled as I bent down to pick up my books that fell onto the floor.

"My bad." A male-voice said. I rolled my eyes. People seriously need to watch where they're going! First day of school and I'm already upset.. UGH!

"Here.." He said, holding out one of my notebooks for me.

"Thanks." I mumbled, taking it from his hands. I looked up to see some blue eyes staring back at me.

"You new here? I've never seen you before." He said.

"Um, yeah. I just moved here from North Carolina." I told him. Wait, why am I telling him this? I don't even know his name and I'm telling him where I'm coming from..

"Cool." He said. "Im Austin." He told me, smiling. I stared at him, blankly.

"Um.. Nice to meet you?" It came out more as a question.

'Brrriiinnnggg!'

The bell rang. 'Saved by the bell.' I thought. "I gotta go." I said, walking away before he could answer. I turned the corner and then took my schedule out from my binder, looking it over.

First Period: Math Room 213

Ew.. Math. I walked down the hall, looking at the numbers on top of the doors. 209.. 210..211..212.. 213. I looked inside to see a couple of kids sitting down, since it was only the first bell. I looked around. There were a lot of empty seats, meaning I could get a good one. I went to the middle-back, next to a window.

Perfect.

I sat down on the seat closest to the window, putting my bag on the back of my chair. I then placed my chin in my hand and stared out the window, tapping my pen on the table. "Hi, again." Someone interrupted my thoughts.. and peace. I turned my head to meet a pair of familiar blue eyes.

"Um, hi?" I said. He took the empty seat next to me. As I was about to say something, a voice in the front of the class caught my attention.

"Hello class, my name is Ms. Park. And I will be your math teacher." A lady -Ms. Park announced. We all stayed quiet. "Now, we are getting right to work. Copy down the problem on loose-leaf and solve it. I want to see--" And I blocked her out, taking out a paper from my binder and copying down the problem on the chalk board.

12*X= 144

Are you kidding me? This isn't even 8th grade work. Im pretty sure I can do this in my sleep.. And this is coming from ME! I wrote the answer on the paper:

X=12

"Someone's smart." I heard the boy.. Erm, Austin.. Say.

I scoffed. "It's not that hard.." I said. He chuckled, softly. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, the pretty fall colors becoming very interesting. I love fall. The colors are so pretty. And the weather is amazing.. I just love it.

***

'Brrriiinnnggg!' The bell rang, indicating that first period was over. I picked up all my books and slung my bag over my shoulder. I grabbed the paper with all the work I did today and handed it to the teacher before rushing out of the classroom. I made my way to my locker. I put in the combination and put in all of my notebooks. I scanned over my schedule: