Love Me Chapter Thirty Six

❤Kenzie's Point Of View❤

I sighed as I hugged my jacket closer to my body. I should have at least grabbed a sweater. It's way too cold to just have a jacket over a thin t-shirt. I shivered once more, shutting my eyes tightly, as my teeth chattered together.

It's been an hour, and a half, since I left the house. Austin hasn't called me, and I sure as hell wasn't going to call him. He was a complete asshole for no apparent reason. I get he gets angry a lot, and whoever was on the phone probably said something to him that pissed him off, but I didn't do anything.

I huffed, rolling my eyes at the memory. Sometimes, Austin just gets under my skin. He needs to know that he shouldn't be taking his anger out on me. I reached the park that was by the school, and went to sit on the bottom of the slide. There was nobody here, which was exactly what I wanted.

I took out my phone, and laid back on the slide, going on twitter. It was all boring, with everyone talking about Justin Bieber, as usual. Don't get me wrong, I usually get caught up in the fangirling as well. It's just that it's Christmas. Give the poor kid a break, you know? He has to deal with so much, it's just sad.

"@ItsKenzieMcCann: @justinbieber Merry Christmas babe!! ♥"

What? I can probably make his day just by not annoying him, and wishing him a Merry Christmas. "You know I get very jealous, Kenzie. Don't go around calling other guys 'babe'." I heard someone say. I looked up to face Austin.

He has a slight smile on his face, and his phone was in his hand. "What?" I sat up. "I hacked Sarah' twitter." He showed me his screen, and I just looked up at him. I was about to smile, but I decided against it. He sighed, and sat on the other slide. (It was one of those small ones for kids that were double, kay?)

"Look, baby, I know I was an ass, and i'm sorry. It's just that I was talking to someone, and he was being a fucking dick." His fists clenched in his lap. His jaw was clenched, and he was glaring at his shoes.

I placed my hand over his fist, and he looked up at me, probably not expecting that from me. His face softened, and he licked his lips.

"You are a huge ass." I corrected, making him laugh. I smiled slightly, and when he looked down at me, he frowned. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "I don't know.. You tell me." He didn't say it in a smart ass type of way. He said it with pure curiosity, and sincerity.

I furrowed my eyebrows, and blinked. "What do you mean?" I asked. He swallowed, and stared at me for a second, thinking of the right words to say. "You..." He began. He let out a breath, and looking down at his shoes again. I placed my hand on his cheek, having him look up at me.

"Talk to me." I pleaded softly.

He licked his lips. "You look... Tired." He said, looking into my eyes. "Yea, well... I did get up pretty early today." I said. He shook his head. "No, I mean, tired of me." He told me. I was taken aback from his words.

"What?"

"You look tired of all of my bull." He told me. "Like i'm just too much for you."

This time, I shook my head. "No, Austin." I didn't even know what to say to him. "What would make you think that?" I asked him.

"I'm such an ass to you, Kenzie. I'm always annoying you, and doing all of this fucking bull shit to you, and I know that you're getting tired of it." He said, before softly adding, "Of me."

I gulped. "Austin, no. I-I'm not tired of you. I could never be!" I didn't know what else to say! I never thought that we would ever, ever have this conversation. He shook his head, standing up. My hand fell from his face and down on the steal slide, where he stood up from. I quickly moved my hand off of it, considering it was freezing cold.