Love Me Chapter Thirty Eight

❤Austin's Point Of View❤

"Have you ever killed anybody?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Come again?" I asked.

"Have you ever killed anybody? You know.. Dead." She said.

"Wha- What are you talking about?" I asked. "Where is this question coming from? What the hell?"

She crossed her arms over her chest, looking uncomfortable. She didn't look me in the eyes. "Just answer the question." She mumbled.

"Kenzie.." I said softly.

"Austin," She spoke sternly, finally meeting my eyes. "Answer me." She said shakily. She was about to cry. "No secrets." She reminded me.

No secrets..

"Have you ever killed anybody?"

No secrets..

"Yes." My voice was small, and low. Her eyes widened slightly.

"You.. You're a killer?" She whispered.

I shook my head quickly. "No, no. I swear, its not like that." I told her. She ran her fingers through her hair. "Oh my god, I'm dating a killer.." She said to herself, turning away from me.

"Kenzie, lets talk about this." I placed my hand on her arm, but she jerked it away. My heart literally broke slightly.

"Don't touch me.. Not right now. I'm not.. Just no." She shook her head.

"Alright," I took a couple of steps back, holding my hands up in surrender. "I won't. I promise." I told her. "Just.. Hear me out, baby. Please." I pleaded.

She shook her head. "I can't.. I just came here to.. Find out the truth." She whispered.

"Kenzie, please. You'll understand if you just hear me out!" I pleaded. Once again, she shook her head.

"Our relationship, Austin. No secrets! That's all I asked for! For you to be honest with me!" She was crying now. "B-but.. You kept this from me! That you killed someone! How can you.. I just.. Ugh!" She groaned, frustratingly.

"What did you expect me to do, Kenzie?" I tried to keep my cool. "Hey babe, I love you. Oh, and by the way, I killed this one dude one time. No secrets now!" I mocked.

"Not in that way, but don't you think I would have wanted to know that you killed somebody?!" She exclaimed. I heard the front door shut, meaning mom left.

"How was I going to tell you that, Kenzie?" I raised my voice slightly.

Don't over do it, Austin. Don't.

"Don't yell at me! I didn't do anything! You are the one who kept such a big secret from me! I mean, really, Austin?!" She yelled.

"Are you thinking about me, Kenzie? I mean, what if that was a long time ago?! What if I don't want to remember that?! And what if," I stepped forward. "I didn't want you to know that because I wanted to leave that all behind?!"

"How.. How do you just kill somebody? I mean, what happened?" She pressed. I took a deep breath.

"It was either kill or be killed." I told her. She gave me a confused look, scrunching up her nose cutely.

"What?" She asked. "What the hell does that mean?"

I sighed. "Either I killed the guy, or Mike kills me. And I couldn't die. My mom would be left alone. She would be grieving the death of her son, on top of the death of my dad. I might be an asshole, and a selfish bastard, but I'm not that bad, for Christ's sake! I won't put my mom through that much pain!"