Love Me Chapter Thirty Seven

♥Kenzie's Point Of View♥

"Austin.."

He stood there with his eyes red, and looked up at me. "Kenzie.." He shook his head slowly, stepping forward.

I felt like I was going crazy. I remembered how Austin told me that the cigarrett's relax him. The way he preferred weed, but he would always carry some cigarrett's with him. And I wanted to relax. And relieve my stress.

"Cass called me." He said, his voice hoarse. I nodded, and looked toward the door.

"I really have to go. I'll talk to you later." I said, before running out. I ran all the way to the park where Austin cheated on me with Taylor. The one by Subway, when I was walking around with Beck. The park was absolutley empty, considering it was Christmas.

I went all the way to the back, and sat with my back against a big tree. I took out the box, and then took out a cigarret. I looked down at it, and cursed.

What am I supposed to light this with?!

I looked through Austin's jacket, and smiled as I found a lighter.

I took it into my cold hands, and tried to light the cigarret. When I finally succeeded, I dropped the lighter back in the pocket, and held the cigarret in front of my face. I stared at it, thinking to myself.

Do I really want to do this? I was always against smoking. Why do I want to do this now?

I pushed my thoughts to the back of my head, and before I knew it, I was inhaling the hot air. I exhaled, and coughed a little bit, but not as much as I did the first time I tried. I felt my mucsles relax, and I understood Austin.

As I went to inhale again, I heard a voice, making me jump. "McKenzie!" Austin yelled, running up to me. He kneeled down beside me, and took the cigarret from my hand, putting it out. My jaw dropped. "Hey!" I whined.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked through his teeth. "What do you think?" I rolled my eyes. "What the hell? Wasn't it you who told me that smoking is bad?" He asked. "Yea.. But.." I trailed off, looking away from him.

I did say that.

"So why the hell are you smoking?! I go to your house, because Cassidy tells me you were still crying, and I wanted to talk, but you run here to smoke?! What is wrong with you?" He asked.

My head quickly turned to glare at him. "Don't be a fucking hypocrite! It's not like you don't smoke! So I don't think you should be telling me anything!" I yelled at him.

"This isn't you, Kenzie! I know it isn't! You hate smoking! You hate cigarrets, and weed, and mariguana, you hate it all because you think it's disgusting!" He said. "And by the way, I stopped." He crossed his arms over his chest. I blinked.

"What?"

"I stopped. I quit. I mean, I still do weed, but only when I feel like it. I don't smoke like I used to, though." He told me, sighing as he sat beside me. I looked down at the box on my lap.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked.

"Because you wanted me to." He explained. I swallowed, and took a shaky breath. "Why'd you leave me?" I asked in a low, and soft voice.

"Because you needed me to."

I shook my head, looking up at him. "No.. I didn't need you to do that, and I didn't want you to, either. What I wanted was to go back home, and find you there waiting for me, with your hand bandaged up, and we will just sit there, with your arms around me." I said, tears in my eyes again.