10

SAMANTHA's POV:

After Luke and I got back to his place from the local store, I took the bag with the morning after pills in it into the bedroom with me and flopped down on the bed, and only a few seconds after that, I heard Luke's footsteps following behind me, but I didn't get up, I just wanted to sleep all of this off and not have to worry about it for a few hours. Luke's large hand rubbing my back though caused me to turn my head and look at him over my shoulder, and then he climbed onto the bed with me and laid down beside me.

"What's wrong?" He searched my eyes.

"Nothing." I answered.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I whispered. "I just want to sleep."

"That's understandable."

I closed my eyes and laid there with Luke as he continued to rub my back, and then I felt him get up from beside me, his hand no longer on the small of my back anymore. I opened my eyes to see where he went, and I saw that he ran his hands over his face before he took the bag from the store out of my hand and set it on the floor, before moving me into a more comfortable position and climbing back into bed beside me. I cuddled up to him and rested my head down on his chest, letting out a deep breath and feeling at peace, but I had the feeling that something was bothering Luke, and I had to find out what it was, so I decided to ask.

"Is everything ok?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Baby girl..." He pulled me closer. "I'm fine."

"Alright." I whispered.

"Are you ok? You seem like you want to talk about something."

"I just..."

"You just what, baby?"

"I'm just scared that I'm going to lose you over something like this."

"Hey, I told you, you're not going to lose me."

"Promise?"

"I promise, baby girl."

"Ok." I whispered again.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax, and it helped that Luke started rubbing my back again, putting me at complete ease and causing me to calm down even though a million thoughts were still flooding my mind. I was hoping that sleep would just take over my whole mind and body, because as of right now, I didn't want to face the world. Luckily, it didn't take me long to relax, and because I was in Luke's arms where I knew I was safe, I fell asleep.

• • •

As soon as I woke up this morning, I wiggled out of Luke's hold and grabbed the bag with the morning after pills in it, and then I made my way into his bathroom to take a pill so I wouldn't be faced with the responsibility of being a teenage mother. I looked at my tired face through the mirror and ran my hand through my unruly hair, then opening the little box with the pills and reading the instructions. Before I could get any further though, Luke stepped in the doorway and leaned up against it, looking at me tiredly and rubbing his hands over his face before walking into where I was and standing behind me, wrapping his long arms around my waist.

"We need to talk." He said.

"About what?"

"This. What we're dealing with."

"We already did, I thought we had everything figured out?"

"For the most part, yes."

"Well what more is there to talk about then?"