20

LUKE's POV:

I was working on gathering up enough courage to call Rachel back, because right now I was in a little bit of a panicked shock that she called me as soon as Sam left to go back home. As I paced the floor in front of the couch in the den, I hit her number and called her, my heart racing in my chest since I haven't spoken to her since we called off the engagement. I wasn't sure what to say to her, but I knew either way that I had to tell Sam about what I was doing.

Or did I? Fuck, my stomach's turning at the thought of what I was doing.

After a few rings, she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Rachel..."

SAMANTHA's POV:

I ended up going back home after Luke and I ate dinner, we both we're ok with it, and when I got back up to my room, I sat down on the edge of my bed and smiled when I started going through all of the cute pictures that Luke and I took together today. After a few minutes of deciding which one to set as my new lock screen, I locked my phone back up and set out to go take a shower, one that was very well needed in my opinion. I grabbed every necessity, well everything that I thought was necessary for my shower, and then I went into my bathroom.

• • •

My family and I thought that it would be fun if we all made sundaes here at home and watched a movie together, because we haven't spent quality family time together in a while, not since I started seeing Luke actually. We were all out in the kitchen deciding on what toppings we wanted for our ice cream when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, signaling that I got a text. I wasn't very concerned about reading it at the moment, I was busy, so whoever it was could wait for a few minutes, but I guess that they didn't get the silent message because my phone buzzed two more times, one right after another. I sighed and pulled it out of my back pocket, seeing that they were all from Luke, so I unlocked my phone to read them all.

L: Baby? Hey, we need to talk.

L: Sam, please, get over here as soon as possible.

L: I love you.

I immediately messaged him back.

S: Is something wrong?

L: Yes, I did something that I shouldn't have done, and I just need you to get over here.

S: What did you do?

L: I called Rachel.

I felt my stomach drop in that very moment and tears spring into my eyes. Why would he be calling Rachel, they ended things and now we're together. It didn't make any sense to me. I locked my phone and shoved it back into my pocket, hoping and praying that my parents or brother wouldn't suspect that something was wrong, and started making my way up to my room.

"Sam, hey, where're you going?" My dad asked.

"My room." I responded.

"But I thought we were-"

"I'm not hungry anymore."

"Hey, young lady, get back here. What's the matter?"

I didn't turn around, I just wanted to get up to my room so that I could talk to Luke, or not talk to him, I didn't know what I wanted to do at the moment. I wanted to go over to his place right this very moment to ask him why he did what he did, but at the same time I wanted to be mad at him for even talking to her, even though it was extremely hard for me to ever be mad at him. I scaled the steps and bolted to my room to grab a couple of things before I went over there to get to the bottom of all this, but footsteps following me and eventually making their way to my room caused me to break my train of thought and turn around to see who followed me up here.