14

*a few hours later*

SAMANTHA's POV:

It was dinner time now, but I didn't feel like eating, I was still too upset about all of this that was going on. I tried texting Luke earlier to talk to him, but he never answered me, he read the messages, but he never replied, and that broke my heart. I can't lose him over this, but I think I have, and that tore me apart inside to know that. After everything we've gone through in the past year, everything was crashing down on us now, and the feeling was unbearable, I hated it. I should have known that something bad would happen to us, I should've known that we would get caught, because everything was going so well for us, it was just a matter of time until we got caught, and I caused it. I should've been more careful about the whole thing, but I wasn't, and that got Luke taken away from me.

As I scrolled through the current page I had up on my laptop, my bedroom door opened and my little brother stood in the doorway with a small smile on his face, but I had no clue why. I took out one of my earbuds so I could hear him, but he just smiled more and then left, leaving me curious as to what he wanted, so of course I followed after him. I found myself making my way downstairs, and before I knew it, I was standing there, in front of him.

In front of Luke.

I just stared up at him in disbelief, not understanding why he was in my house, but before I could say anything, he pulled my into his strong arms and held me close, kissing the top of my head and just standing there with me as we hugged. I started to cry into his chest, holding onto him tightly so he couldn't leave, and rubbed my back as I soaked his shirt with my tears, not saying anything but comforting me in the best way possible. I didn't care that my family was standing right there with us, right now, it felt like it was only Luke and I, and I never wanted it to end.

"I told you I'm never going anywhere." He whispered to me.

I just buried my face further into his chest.

"Sam, hey...." He pulled back a little bit so that I would look up at him, and when I did, he smiled down at me. "I'm always going to fight for you."

"Why are you here?" I finally asked.

"Because I can't lose you."

"But my parents-"

He kissed my forehead. "Shh."

"Who let you in?"

"Jake did."

I looked over my shoulder at Jake to see him staring at us with a huge smile on his face, causing me to smile back at him, and when I looked back up at Luke, he leaned down and planted a soft and loving kiss to my lips. As we were kissing though, I heard someone clear their throat from behind us, making me break the kiss and look over my shoulder once again to see my parents now watching us, my father with a disapproving look on his face and my mother with a sympathetic one on hers. I moved beside Luke, one of his arms still around my waist, and as we stood there and looked at them, he pulled me closer into his side.

"Mr. Hemmings, what're you doing here?" My mom asked him.

"You can call me Luke."

"Alright... Luke, what're you doing here?"

"I had to come see Sam." He answered.

"I thought we established that what you two had was over?" My father spoke up.

"Sir, I love your daughter, and I can't lose her."

Did he really just say that? In front of my whole family? I can't believe it, he does feel the same way that I do. A smile crept up onto my face and I looked up at Luke, getting a smile in return from him and a kiss to the forehead, and my mother smiled at us a little as well, causing me to smile even more. I slipped my arm around Luke's torso and looked up at him once again to see a smile growing on his face, and when I looked back at my father, I saw that he was watching us carefully, which made me a little uneasy because I wasn't quite sure what he was going to do or say next.