11

*hours later*

SAMANTHA's POV:

It was almost time for dinner now, and I decided that I should probably go home so that my parents would know that I was ok and still alive, but I wanted to stay with Luke. If I could, I would move in with him, but I knew that he probably didn't want that to happen. I gathered all of my things and got ready to go home, and as I made my way to the front door in order to leave, Luke walked up behind me and grabbed me by my hips, stopping me from going anywhere and then wrapping me up in a backwards hug.

"Don't go." He buried his face down in my neck.

"But I have to go-"

"Just text your mother and say that you're helping me with something."

"I can't keep lying to them, Luke." I sighed.

"But they can't find out the real reason, you and I both know what will happen if they do."

"I know." I said. "I'll be back later, I just have to go home so they know I'm ok."

"Alright, baby."

He spun me around placed a soft kiss to my lips, and when I pulled away, I turned around and opened the door to head home, looking over my shoulder one last time and waving to Luke before I stepped out of his house and closed the door behind me. I began walking back over to my house, and I found myself back in my own yard, I looked back at Luke's house behind me and smiled to myself, then focusing my attention back on going home, knowing that I was going to face my family no matter what. Of course I was a little scared to face my parents, mainly because I didn't want them finding out what all was going on between Luke and I, but there was another part to it, and that was the fact that I hadn't been home in so long, I'm actually surprised that I didn't receive any text messages or phone calls from them wondering where I was. When I got to the front door, I checked to see if it was unlocked, which it was, so I opened it up and walked inside, hoping to go up to my room without confrontation, but that didn't happen, because when I passed by the kitchen, my mother stopped me.

"Samantha, come here please." She said.

I walked into the kitchen and leaned up against the counter, waiting for her to speak again, and when she turned to face me, I saw that she had bags under her eyes, maybe from lack of sleep.

"Where have you been?" She wondered softly.

"At Mr. Hemmings' house."

"What were you doing there?"

"He needed some help moving some things out of his house." God I wish I didn't have to lie.

"And you spent the night there?"

"Yeah." I shifted. "We finished up moving things just a little bit ago."

"I really wish you would have called."

"It didn't occur to me, sorry."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Is he forcing you to do any drugs or anything?"

I stood up straight. "No, why would you think that?"

"Well you just seem different lately. You just seem more distant than you used to be."

"It's because I'm growing up."

"Can I check your bag?"

"Mum, I'm not taking anything."

"Sam." She looked at me with sad eyes. "Please?"