32

LUKE'S POV:

She danced around the kitchen even though there was no music playing, to which I stood back and watched, a smile taking over my entire face; my entire soul feeling happy at that very moment. Even with her hair pulled up, leggings, and a T-shirt on, she was still the most stunning specimen I've ever laid eyes on, and that will always continue to be true. I decided to watch her for a little while longer before I spoke up and snapped her out of her happiness, and when I did, I couldn't contain my smile.

"Having fun?" I laughed.

She jumped and spun around. "Shit, you were watching."

"Always am, don't forget that." I walked up to her and planted a kiss onto her temple, my arm snaking around her waist. "What're you up to?"

"Just making some lunch."

"Cooking for me, huh? I could get used to this." I joked.

She rolled her eyes.

"So I was thinking..." I spun her so that she was facing me. "When do you want to tell your family about the little nugget?" I smiled.

"Today?" She nervously bit her lip.

"How did you want to tell them?"

"I was thinking maybe like buying coffee mugs for them and writing 'world's best' and then putting either 'Grandma', 'Grandpa', or 'Uncle'. after it"

"So you want to run to the store?"

"Could we?" A smile crept onto her lips. "Please?"

"Of course."

She smiled up at me and got up on her tiptoes to kiss me before she went back to paying attention to the stir fry that she was making, and I gave her hip a little squeeze before leaving her to herself so that she could cook. I went over to the opposite side of the kitchen and grabbed some plates out of the cabinet before making my way back over to her and sitting them down on the counter beside her, and then I kissed her cheek before exiting the kitchen altogether and heading into the bedroom to wait for lunch to be ready. I went over to the dresser and opened my sock drawer, seeing that the box was right where I had left it and that it was still untouched, so I closed the drawer back up and walked to the bed to sit down. It wasn't long until my love called me back out to the kitchen to eat, so that's where I went, out to the kitchen.

To be with my baby.

• • •

I had barely gotten Sam away from the baby clothes so that we could actually look for what we had came her for: mugs, markers, and little bags. She pouted when I tried pulling her away, but came with me, deciding that it would be best if we just got what we needed and went back home so that we could start making the gifts. I was pushing the trolley and Sam was walking beside me with her hand holding onto my bicep, and when we found the blank coffee mugs that we had been searching for in the craft aisle, she let go of my arm and picked up three of them just like we needed. Soon after, we grabbed some markers and little bags to put them in, and we checked out, ready to head home in no time.

The car ride was peaceful, the radio on quietly for background noise as we talked about gender reveal parties and every other thing baby related that you could possibly think of. We were ready, maybe not entirely material wise, but mentally wise, we were ready to accept this. We were accepting of the fact that we are going to be parents and that we're having a baby, and we most certainly believe that we're going to get through it all together. I know we will.

Sam has me and I have her.

After we got home and got back inside, Sam called her mum to see if it was ok that we went over later, which it was, while I went to the kitchen and set up our arts and craft project up on the kitchen table for us to start once she was done.

"Luke?" Sam walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, babe?" I looked her way.

"Everything ready?"

"Sure is, let's do this thing." I held up one of the permanent markers with a serious look and received a laugh in response.

She shook her head at me before walking over and sitting down at the table, and I took a seat right beside her so that we could get started.

"Neat handwriting." She said.

"I know, love."

"Yours is good, but it can get sloppy sometimes."

"Are we doing it in a certain style? You're the boss of this operation." 

"I'm always the boss." She flipped her hair. 

"Sometimes." I smirked.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed, showing me some different fonts on her phone that she had saved for this, and after we decided on one, we got to work. This was such a clever idea to tell them about the baby, I know that they're going to be overjoyed about this, I knew that we were, and to have their support will mean everything to us. Sam and I were concentrating very hard so that we didn't mess anything up, which meant that we didn't really talk much, but then again, I don't think that it was really needed. Sitting beside one another working on a gift to give family about a new pregnancy said it all, that we were a team and would continue to work together on anything and everything in life that was thrown our way. I was so sure about us, about Sam, that she was the one for me. I could tell ever since the first day I laid my eyes on her, that there would be something between us. I found myself to be drawn to her, she fascinated me from the very beginning, and now that she was mine, well, I had it all.

I had her, and she was all I needed.

"Ok, mum's and dad's is done. How's Jake's coming along?" She asked.

"Almost... done." I drug out as finished up the last letter.

"It looks great." She leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Time to bake them now, right?"

She nodded. "Do you want to stick them in the oven while I start cleaning up?"

"Sure, kitten."

So I stood up and collected the mugs in my hands to take them over to put them on what we would be baking them on, and once that was done, I went back over to the table to finish helping Sam clean up. After everything was taken care us, we ventured out to the kitchen to sit and wait for the mugs to be done, in which my love and sat sat down on the couch together to talk. I never imagined myself doing something like this with anyone, it was so much fun, and it made her happy, which made me happy. That's all I ever wanted, Sam to be happy.

Because her happiness was my happiness.