22

*morning*

SAMANTHA's POV:

Luke had no idea that I was hiding in the closet in the bathroom, it was always my go to hiding spot that never failed me when we played hide and seek. I was hiding in here in the dark, wearing nothing but my underwear and one of his white T-shirts that were too big for me. I was doing my best to be as quiet as possible, and I thought that it was working until I saw the bathroom lights turn on from the tiny openings in the closet doors. I held my breath while I waited for Luke to search and hopefully leave without finding me, but he slowly walked up to where I was and stood there for a second. Was he trying to see through the tiny openings? That's what I thought he was doing, but he must not have noticed me, because he walked away and turned the lights off. That's when I let out a breath if relief.

"Kitten?" He asked and flipped the lights back on.

Shit.

"You're in here, aren't you?"

No I'm not, go away.

He came back over to the closet and opened up the door, revealing my hiding place and smirking when he saw what I was wearing. I just stood there, looking up at him, and in one quick motion, he picked me up bridal style and shut the doors.

"You've been caught." He said.

"No, really?" I gasped sarcastically.

"Watch your attitude."

I messed up his hair. "Hey."

"Yes, princess?"

"You're my boyfriend."

"I am, yes. I'm very lucky to be."

"You're my boyfriend!" I yelled, making Luke laugh.

"And what do you mean by that?"

"It means that I love you."

"And I love you."

He walked me out to the living room where he laid me down on the couch, and before doing anything else, he leaned down and kissed my forehead tenderly, causing a smile to appear on my face.

"You look so good." He whispered.

"Thank you."

"I'm going to make breakfast, what do you want?"

I sat up and thought. "Eggs and toast. And I'm coming with."

"Why?"

"Because I need something to drink to take that pill."

"Right, fuck I almost forgot." He helped me stand up and kissed me. "Good call, babe."

"No babies yet."

"If that's what you want." He smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

He swooped me up into his arms again, a laugh escaping me, and then began walking.

"To the kitchen!"

• • •

Since I had to be back by lunch today, I started gathering my things and getting ready a little bit after eleven. My phone was laying on Luke's bed beside my bag when it went off, my mother's contact showing up on the screen. I picked it up and answered it, sitting down on the edge of the bed to talk.

"Hello?"

"Hey, bub. You still up for ice cream?"

"Is that even a question?"