35

Shoutout to my girl @arlynacastro for nominating this book for fanfiction awards under best Luke fic. If the rest of you want to nominate it so we win, don't be afraid to message her about where to enter it! Thank you babes. I give to you, chapter 35 ♡

-Becc

______________________

*four months later* 

LUKE's POV:

At three in the morning, Sam woke me up with a slap to my chest saying how she felt some pain in her stomach. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light, seeing that she had thrown off the covers and was laying in a giant wet spot. She looked up at me with a terrified yet excited expression, a smile forming on her face.

"It's time." She said.

And so we sprung into action.

I helped Sam stand up and turn around so that she could bend over slightly and hold onto the bed for support until I grabbed our hospital bags, and when I did, I focused all my attention back on helping her out to the car so that we could go meet our daughter finally. We slowly but surely got to the car, Sam in sweats and a T-shirt with her hair tied up, but I told her to be comfy these past few days in case the time came, and luckily she was, so I was happy about that. I quickly but carefully helped her buckle herself in, and once everything was situated, I backed out of the driveway and started for the hospital.

• • •

"Luke, it hurts." My baby whimpered, holding onto the sides of the hospital bed.

"Just a little while longer, then you can start pushing and she'll be here with us." I kissed her forehead. "You can do this."

"I need medication."

"I'll go ask for an epidural."

I stood up to go find a nurse or a doctor, but before I could get anywhere, the doctor and two nurses actually walked into the room. Talk about efficiency, am I right?

"Alright, dear, let's see how far you've dilated." 

The doctor sat down on a stool to check her out, and when he sat back up and peeled off his gloves to throw them out and get a new pair, he looked back up at one of the nurses who was holding a syringe, silently asking her something or checking on something.

"You seem to be about seven centimeters, how's the pain?" He asked.

"Intense." Sam told him.

"Are you interested in an epidural?"

"Yes, please, thank God."

He laughed and one of the nurses helped her up while the other administered the epidural to help ease her pain, and once she was back in a comfortable position, she reached out for my hand and looked up at me with the biggest eyes. I gave her hand a squeeze and kissed the top of her head, lingering longer than normal to let her know that I was there for her, and felt her hand on my cheek, making me look down at her. 

"I love you." Her thumb stroked my cheek.

"I love you more."

A little while later, Sam was dilated the full ten centimeters, so the doctor along with a few nurses entered the room all ready to go and deliver our little girl into the world. The room was soon filled with encouragement and screams and crying - mainly from Sam, some from me - and before we new it, the doctor said that he could see the baby's head. With a few last big pushes, Sam collapsed back onto the bed and we heard our little girl cry for the first time, lifting a huge weight off our chests. The nurses who were standing by cleaned her off, and one handed me an instrument to cut the umbilical chord, which I did rather happily, and once Sam delivered the placenta as well, the nurses helped clean her up and put our new daughter up onto her chest.

"Have you decided on a name?" We were asked by the doctor.

Same looked up at me and I nodded.

"Isabelle." She smiled down at the little one. "Isabell Grace Hemmings."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl."

"Thank you."

After everything was all said and done involving the baby and Sam, the doctor exited the room after a while after wishing us well, and so did the nurses, one staying however to help Sam start breast feeding. Once that was in order and Isabelle took to her first meal rather peacefully, we were left alone for some privacy and to get to be with our new baby before we were disturbed again.

"When are you going to call mum?" My love looked up at me.

"When do you want me to?"

"Not yet." She smiled down at our pride and joy. "I want to get to know Miss Bella for a while." She lightly traced over the top of her head with a gentle finger.

"She's so perfect." I whispered.

Sam nodded.

"I'm so proud of you." I kissed her temple. "You're the strongest person I've ever met."

"I wouldn't have gotten through it without you."

"You know I'm always going to be there for you."

"I can't thank you enough for that."

"Can I sit?"

"Yeah, of course." 

She moved over so that I would have enough room to fully sit on the bed with her, and when I did actually take a seat after making sure that I wasn't going to sit on anything, I marveled down at our little girl, smiling when I saw that she was trying to already grasp onto Sam's hospital gown. The little blanket that she was wrapped in had little pink flowers on it, and she was wearing a matching pink hat to keep her head warm, and later when it was time to take her home, we had a little onesie all ready to go.

"You want to meet daddy?" Sam cooed.

I smiled and Sam passes Bella to me carefully, my heart melting when she tried to grab onto my finger with an escaped hand. I held her securely, not being able to take my eyes off of her and a smile never leaving my face, and when I saw her eyes begin to close and her facial features soften, I couldn't help but look down at Sam.

"She's already tired of the real world." My love laughed.

"I guess so." I chuckled.

I let my fingertips linger on her forehead, her soft skin feeling brand new, but then again, she was, and she was precious.

"She wouldn't fall asleep for me." Sam marveled. 

"Maybe she knows that I'm great for falling asleep on." 

"Could be."

She smiled, I heard it in her voice as I let my eyes scan over our newborn, and when I noticed that she was asleep, I lifted her up and kissed her forehead ever so lightly, not wanting to disturb her. I had a gut feeling that Isabelle would be an easy baby, and I couldn't wait for more to come, to have more kids with the love of my life, that's all I wanted in life. Sam gave me this unexplainable feeling that no one else could ever possibly give me, and I loved it. She gave me - us - a beautiful little daughter, and I was so thankful and lucky and proud of her strength.

"Now you're going to be an even bigger pushover." Sam noted.

"You're right." I met her eyes. "She perfect, Sam."

"That she is."

"I'll do anything for her."

She grinned and put one of her hands over top of one of mine. "She's going to love you. She's definitely a daddy's girl."

// THE END //