21

SAMANTHA's POV:

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing right now, out of all people, Rachel was sitting on my man's couch. The nerve. Before I had the chance to do, let alone say, anything, Luke took me by the hand and pulled me into him for another passionate kiss, snaking his hands around my back to try to comfort me, but I was already livid, so I pulled away and tried to get past him to say something to Rachel. Before I could though, she put her wine down and stood up, grabbed her things, and then walked toward us.

"I know when I'm intruding." She said. "I better go."

"Yeah, I think so, too." I glared at her.

"Nice seeing you again, Luke."

Luke stayed silent.

When Rachel left, I folded my arms across my chest and just stared at him, probably giving him the harshest death glare anyone has ever seen. He looked down at me with an apologetic look, but I just walked past him into his house and sat down on the opposite side of the couch where Rachel had currently been sitting. I watched as he closed the door behind me and walked over to me, but I refused to say anything to him in this very moment because I didn't want to say anything out of anger that I might regret later on.

"I should've told you that I called her." Luke finally said.

"You wanted her over here?" I snapped.

"She called me first but I ignored it, so I called her back after you left and-"

"Really, Luke?!"

"I'm sorry, I should've known better." He lowered his head and his voice.

"Yeah, you should've."

"I'll do anything to make it up to you." He looked at me again.

I took a deep breath before saying anything else, hoping to calm down so that we could have an actual conversation instead of a fight.

"What did she want?" I asked.

"She wanted to talk about what happened between us."

"And what did you tell her?"

"That I'm with you now, and that what we used to have is over for good."

"Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"I didn't want you to get-"

"Mad? Upset? Babe..." I climbed into his lap since he was sitting down on the couch now. "Let's think here for a minute. What would've been better? Telling me about it as soon as it happened and avoiding all of this, or keep it from me like you did and having me get mad?"

"Telling you about it."

"I'm sorry for yelling, but you-"

"No, don't apologize, I know I deserved it."

I cupped Luke's face in one of my hands and just looked at him, taking in just how upset with himself he actually was. I wrapped him in a hug and kissed his forehead in hopes of making him feel better, but he just pushed me away and stood to his feet. I sat there, looking up at him with a confused expression, and without a word, he just walked away, taking the two wine glasses with him. I got up to follow him into the kitchen, and when I saw him over by the sink, I leaned up against the doorway leading into the room and just watched him. When he turned around, his eyes met mine for a brief moment before he walked over to me and then past me, eventually making his way into his bedroom.

"Luke." I called after him.

He didn't respond.

"Babe, let's talk about this, please."