19

SAMANTHA's POV:

After I changed my clothes from the day before, Luke and I stayed and talked to my family for a few minutes, and then we began our walk to the park that was a few blocks away from his house. One of my hands was happily in his as we walked together, and my phone was in my other hand, and every now and then, Luke pulled me into his side for a quick kiss. I swung our hands back and forth a little over dramatically, but we both thought it was both cute and funny because we were both laughing about it.

"So hey..." I spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"Why haven't we done this more often? It's fun."

"Because we were still keeping things a secret, that's why."

"Ok, you have a point."

"Do you want to do things like this more often?"

"Yeah, I think we should."

"Then it's settled." He pulled me in front of him for a kiss. "We'll be that obnoxiously cute couple that everyone's jealous of."

"I'm good with that." I smiled up at him.

"I thought you'd be." He smiled back.

I laughed a little and then stepped back beside him so we could continue walking to the park, which is just what we did, or set out to do to say the least. We made our way to the park, and when we finally reached our destination a little later, Luke and I went over to the swings and I sat down in one and grabbed the chains to steady myself. Luke walked around behind me and began to push me, causing for me to laugh a little at how childish we probably looked, but then again, I didn't honestly care, all because I was having fun with the man of my dreams.

"You're so light, oh my God." Luke laughed.

"I'm not that light."

"You are to me."

"Thanks, I guess?" I furrowed my eyebrows and laughed, too.

I looked off into the distance at the little kids playing on the equipment and laughing with their mothers and fathers watching them, and the sight of it made me smile, but a lump started growing in my throat at the thought of the fact that Luke and I had a chance of being happy parents like that but we ruined it. I had to get over it though, because we weren't ready to become parents, well at least I wasn't, it was a 'suck it up buttercup' kind of thing, so I shook the thought from my head and swallowed the lump in my throat so that I could focus back on Luke and I having a good time together. He continued to push me lightly, but I ruined it by jumping off in mid-air, thankfully landing on my feet so I didn't make a fool out of myself, and then I turned around and looked back at Luke who was watching me with a surprised look.

"What?" I wondered.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Because I felt like it." I put my hands on my hips.

"Well ok then, Miss Sassy Pants."

I walked up to him and rested my hands on his chest, leaning in close and allowing him to grab my hips gently. He leaned down for a kiss, but I made sure to keep just enough distance between our lips to keep him hanging, and I looked up at him with a sly smile.

"You like it when I'm sassy though." I said.

"Maybe I do."

"Maybe I'll be sassy for you later, daddy."

"Please."

"What was that? Are you begging?" I smirked. "I thought daddy doesn't beg?"

Luke rolled his eyes, picked me up, and threw me over his shoulder, causing me to shriek and laugh at the same time. He carried me over to the sitting area and sat me down on a bench, and then he took his seat beside me, lifting my legs up and draping them over both of his which only made me smile even more. I started to play with the hair at the nape of his neck, and he rested a hand on one of my knees, looking over at me with the most soft and content eyes ever. Needless to say, I was so in love with him it wasn't even funny, and being with him made my heart skip a beat.

"I have a question for you." Luke spoke up.

"What?" I asked.

"I know you're only seventeen still, but you'll be a senior in just a couple more weeks."

"Correct..."

"You're constantly over at my house and your parents don't seen to mind, so I wanted to know if you wanted to officially move in with me."

"You're serious?"

"Dead serious. I don't want to spend a minute without you, Sam."

"You know I would if I could, Luke." I stopped playing with his hair. "And as much as I'd love to be with you twenty four seven, I think it may be best if I finished out my senior year still living at home. I'm sorry."

"Oh." He gave me a weak smile.

"Babe, I-"

"I get it, Sam, really." He patted my knee. "It's smart of you to want to put school first, I admire that about you."

I didn't say anything back to him, I just hugged him and let him wrap his arms around me and hold me close. I felt horrible for turning him down about something that I wanted to happen as well, but now, I wasn't sure if I was ready to take that big of a step yet with him, despite the fact of how much I'm drawn to him. Plus, I wasn't sure of what my parent's would say about it, so I thought that I would just continue seeing Luke like I was right now, not living with him but still spending lots of time with him any chance I could. When we broke the hug, I searched Luke's eyes to see sadness laced throughout them, but he just tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead, leaving me filled with guilt. I stood up and looked down at him to find him staring up at me in confusion, but I didn't say anything, I just stared.

"You want to go home, huh?" He assumed.

I nodded.

"Alright."

With that, Luke stood up with me, but he didn't take my hand and hold it like he normally did whenever we were walking, and we began walking to go home, without saying another word to one another for the entire way there.

• • •

I was sitting in Luke's bed back at his house while he was in the living room doing who knows what, and as I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, I heard footsteps nearing me, and when I looked up, I saw Luke standing in the doorway of his room, looking at me but not saying anything yet.

"What?" I wondered.

"What do you want for lunch?"

"I don't know." I went back to my phone.

"Sam..."

"What?" I didn't look up.

"Will you at least look at me?"

I lifted my head and looked at him, seeing that his arms were now folded across his chest. I locked my phone and put down on the bed beside me, and he walked over to where I was and sat down on the edge of the bed a few feet away from me, looking straight into my eyes with a sorrow filled expression. The reason why I wasn't saying anything to him was because I really had no idea what to say now, so I was just going to let him do the talking and I'll answer. Maybe.

"You haven't talked to me since the park." He spoke up.

I just looked him.

"There's something wrong, so don't lie to me and say that you're fine."

"I just feel like I disappointed you."

"Baby, no." He pulled me to him by my ankles and laid my legs across his lap. "You didn't disappoint me, I understand where you're coming from, it's smart of you to put school first."

"But you really wanted-"

"Princess, I'll wait as long as I have to for you to be ready to move in with me."

"Are you sure you're not upset?"

"No, baby, we'll just keep spending days together until school's back in."

I smiled.

"I really love you." I said softly.

"I love you more." He leaned forward and kissed me. "Now how about we go figure out some lunch?"

"Sounds like a plan."

And so that's just what we did. Together.