Time Can Only Tell

Arianna POV

"You can place the boxes anywhere, I'll just unpacked everything myself." I say to my cousins Cam, Justin, and my mom.

"You sure, baby? I can help you; it's a lot of stuff to unpack alone."

"I'll be fine, ma. Besides I want to get started and settled in before my roommate gets here." I say with the sincerest smile I can muster up. I'm lying straight through my teeth. I know that my roommate isn't arriving until tomorrow. I just want them to leave already. They're embarrassing. Cam and Justin whistling and yelling at every girl that walks past. My mom hugging me every 2 seconds. Like, DAMN CAN YA'LL GIVE A SISTER A BREAK?

"Okay, boys we can head back to the car. Cam? Justin? " My mom says trying to get their attention. These fools are too busy arguing about who's badder and whose butt is real? I go over and slap the back of both of their heads. That gets their attention.

"What the fu?" Cam stops mid- sentence, remembering my mom is in the room. "I mean? Dang, Tae! You scared me."

These boys are big and overgrown, yet they're still scared of little ole' Auntie Toya. She's 5 foot even and they're both over 6 feet. SMH, her death stare can scar you for months at a time. You begin to think you're a helpless little kid again. That's part of the reason I was such a good kid.

"We're leaving Arianna to get situated." I hate it when she calls me that and she knows that. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE calls me TAE.

"Baby, I'm going to miss you, I love you. Don't hesitate to call me anytime, whether it's 6 in the morning or midnight. Just call I'll always answer."

"Okay, mom I will. I love you too."

"Now give me, a hug and kiss for the road" she says wrapping me in an embrace.

"I'll be in the car waiting and if you make me wait longer than 10 minutes, you'll be walking home or hitch-hiking a ride." She say while switching right out of room.

Justin comes over and hugs me. "I'm actually think going to miss you fat head. Now, I'm going to have to find someone else to torture on a daily basis" He laughs. "Naw, for real though I'm going to miss you. Love ya, cousin."

"Aww, you're gonna make me cry." I start fanning my face. "NOT!" I yell. "But I'm playing I'm gonna miss you too and love you too stantka."

Cam walks over and basically snatches me in a bear hug. I'm startled because Cam never hugs or shows affection for anyone. "Look here, little cousin I love you and I'm going to miss you. But don't get up here and think you're grown and can do whatever. You here to learn not mess with these trifling' niggas ". And just when I thought I've lost him he comes back to form always being protective.

"I know, Cam. You know me better than that." I say with a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, yeah. I know guys and they only want one thing. And just so we clear they ain't getting that from you? Understood?"

"Yes, Cameron Mitchell. I gotcha you."

'Alright, let's go Jus".