Chapter 25

Arianna's POV

Meanwhile back on campus

"What are you going to do?" Monica asked before taking a sip of her cappuccino.

We were sitting at the coffee house.

"I was just going to fight it out and go intern with Chase, but you didn't see Tristan's face when he came to pick me up. He was just so..." I paused "different."

"Different how?" she asked

"Like scary different, he looked like he wanted to throttle and beat the crap outta Chase."

"What did Chase do?" she questioned

"He just stood there and glared back at him, like Tristan threatening him was normal or at least normal for the both of them."

That whole scene was so strange. I keep trying to make sense out of it, but I can't. It's not adding up. Whatever is between them is way more than just some stupid ass beef between the football program and the Theta Nu's.

"It's like they were having a conversation without words, I was just lost. I never saw Tristan get like that, ever. He's normally calm about things. I really believed that if Chase would've said anything wrong of disrespectful, my baby would've ended up in jail. Obviously they know something I don't and whatever Tristan's keeping from me is that something."

"I wish he would just talk to me, he said he would if he could. All he said was that Chase is dangerous and everything isn't what it seems. Like what does that even mean?" I stressed.

This is all so confusing and stressful. I want to know what's going on but I promised I would let this go at least for right now. Then to add on to this Tristan decides to visit his father in the middle of the week when he obviously still has classes and practice going on.

"Zaire told me the same thing; I tried to get some info out of him. All he said was stay away from him and keep you away from him. If we see him call him." She shrugged

"I had to do the one thing I said I would never have to do, but it's all I had and whatever is going on is serious because whenever Tristan talks to me about it his voice cracks. It's like his broken, hurt, and angry all at the same time. I can't bear to see him like that. So I called my father." I confessed making sure I put emphasis on the word father and I use that term loosely.

"Your dad?" she coughed out

"Yea, I had to. The only way I could even began to get out of this was to see if he would talk to my professor. He agreed to let me of the internship so instead I have to four part project on human anatomy."

I don't mind doing the work, it's just that I had to ask my father for something. I know him and I know that he doesn't do things like this without having an endgame. He wants something from me and I just don't know what it is yet.

Add that on the guilt and shame I feel from even having to go through him like I'm some spoiled rich brat who needs daddy to fight her battles.

"I know that was tough for you. You definitely put your pride to side to make Tristan happy. Whenever Tristan gets back he better get to talking or we'll just beat it out of him. Together we can take him." She smiled

"Why whenever ya'll two niggas together I feel like you always plottin?" Zaire popped up, smiling.

"Maybe because we are. Don't worry though, if you play ya cards right you won't be the nigga we plottin' up on." I smiled

"Yo lil wanna be thug ass always talking shit, you been hanging around Monica too long." He laughed and kissed Mon

"Hey baby" she said as she pulled back