Chapter 5

Tristan POV

Three weeks later

It was around 7:45 and me and Zaire were just about to leave the practice field. The season started last week and of course we won. Yet, we should have won easier, so coach had us paying for not playing our hardest. He had us layed out running laps and drills like we got beat by 50 or some shit. I think we should have been celebrating I mean we undefeated I don't care if we only played one game. A perfect record is a perfect record if you ask me.

"Man I'm damn tired. We have been at this all week. Coach has gone crazy acting like we lost." I say rubbing the back of my neck walking towards my car.

"I'm cool with all this. Coach is right we should have won easy so he's right by making us play. That game went down to the wire and should have been over by halftime. We gotta step it up or we gone crash and burn this season."

"I still see it as a win is a win no matter how big or small. The record books still count it as a win. Plus the season just started."

"Nigga, it's about principle. We are talking about winning the national championship this season. We can't do that playing around; we have to take care of business and last game we didn't. No one is going to lie down and give us shit we have to earn it. I don't just wanna be another good team. I wanna be the BEST! And if that's gone happen everyone has to give 110% no slackers allowed."

"Damn, nigga chill. You all hype and shit. I get it."

"Fi" He's interrupted by his ringing phone.

"Hello" pause

"Yeah" pause

"I'm coming" pause

"Don't be playing with me, girl" He must be talking to Monica. Those two have been inseparable ever since they met. If you ask me this nigga sprung.

"Aight, Imma be there in a min" he hung up.

"You so sprung"

"Nigga whatever you just hating"

"What I'm hating on? You all locked up and I'm free as a bird, just flying."

"Oh, so that's what they calling lonely now."

"I ain't lonely, I choose to be single. Plus I got my hoes."

"Yeah and ya hoes either gone get pregnant or give you a STD. Ya ass gone be scratching." He laughs

"Whatever, so is Monica still at the coffee shop?" I say changing the subject before Zaire continues his "them groupie hoes gone get you in trouble" tirade. That shit gets annoying. I'm a grown ass man I can make my own decisions. I know what I could be getting into when I fuck these hoes that's why I always wrap it up. I have no need for any babies right now and I damn sure don't want any diseases.

"Yeah, how you know where she is?"

"I talked to Arianna before I hit the showers; she said they were chilling there for a while. I told her I was gone slide through."

"Man, you know you like Tae you need to stop playing around and just get with her."

"I'm not gone lie. I like her. She hella cool, cute, funny and smart. She the whole package. Maybe even the wifeing type. But, I gotta stay focus."

"Nigga, you just scared. Ya'll already act like bf and gf. You two always together, you check on her constantly, you even call her baby. You in a relationship and U.O.E.N.O it."

"You crazy AF, but we probably get going before Monica crazy behind calls you again bugging."

We both hop our cars and head to the coffee shop. He's trailing behind me in his truck. On the lil ride over there all I was thinking about Arianna. I mean Zaire right we act like we're together. Yet we just friends. That's my little baby though. I flirt with her all the time and she just laughs it off like it's nothing. Our "friendship" is new territory for me. I usually don't have to put in any work towards girls because they just flock to me. It's always been that way. Yet something about Arianna just makes me want to put my best foot forward. She's different and I like that. I just don't know if I'm any good for her?