Chapter 4.03

Arianna POV

I'm on way to my session with Tristan and I'm so nervous. I can feel butterflies in the pit of stomach and I'm sweating bullets. And I have no idea why? I can yell at him with ease, but I can't treat him normally without being nervous. I'm so stupid. I have never been good with apologies and now I have to apologize to someone who's all cute and sexy. I hope I don't make a fool of myself.

"Okay, Tae when he gets here just apologize. Don't ramble on. Just look him in the eyes and say sorry and thank you. Be as pleasant as possible but don't flirt. "I say to myself as I'm about to enter the library.

"Heavenly father please don't let me to embarrass myself today, in Jesus name. AMEN" You know I had to pray because I can't leave these kind of things in my hands anymore I've been at this school for a week and I've already been embarrassed enough for a lifetime.

I just as I began to turn the corner to get to our scheduled table, I see that he's already here and looking directly at me. Lord Jesus it's a FIRE! Normally I would run away from this situation, but I can't. He already saw me. Arianna Taylor just calm yo ass down and follow your rules and you'll be good.

"Hey, Arianna" he says as I approach the table.

"You're early, I'm surprised"

"Yeah, I'm kind of surprised at myself and before you start tripping I got my books and my schedule right here. So, let's get started." I said pulling his books out of the chair to his right.

"Actually, before we start I wanna talk about how I been treating you"

"We cool, ma. Everything is just water under the bridge." He says with this sexy ass southern drawl. Has he sounded like this the whole time or did I just drown it out before?

"No, the way I treated you was wrong. I judged you before you could even make an impression on me and for that I'm sorry. I also want to say thank you for what you did for me and my girl Monica you didn't have to do that."

"I know I didn't have to do it but I wanted too. I couldn't have my little fireball walking home soaked in water or should I say stumbling home" he winked. Did he just call me his little fireball? He has a nickname for me!!!! And why is he always winking at me? Doesn't he know that wink is dangerous? A girl could have a heart attack from the excitement it brings.

"Umm, yeah. I was pretty gone that night. , I couldn't even remember what happened the next morning. Monica had to tell me. " I say trying to calm my butterflies in my stomach.

"That was your first time drinking wasn't it?"

"yeah, how did you know?" I answered slyly

"Only mixing dark and white liquor would knock you out like that. Any experienced drinker would know not to mix the two."

"Oh, so that's why I felt like so horrible the day after?"

"Hangover would do that to you every time, baby"

"So, where you wanna start?" I say grabbing his schedule off his stack of books, trying to change the subject. I know he doesn't mean anything by these terms of affection but I can't get my heart or my body to believe that.

"I have this short story due for my creative writing class. I was thinking we could start there."

"Okay, how long does it have to be exactly?"

"Two pages front and back. Doubled spaced and typed. You can choose any topic"

"any idea on what you would like to write about?"

"Nope, not any. I wouldn't say that writing is a strong subject of mine."

"So, why did you take a creative writing class?"

"I needed an elective and no other class we're open" he shrugged

"Okay, so what's something you enjoy and don't say football"

"You really wanna know?" he says grinning like a five old kid as he leans close to me

"yeah, I really want to know"

"Come closer then." He says kind of seductively but not dirty .I lean closer towards him.

Why am I even playing his little game?

"Closer." I lean so more

"Closer" I lean closer and now we're face to face. I'm looking directly into his dark brown eyes and they're beautiful just like the rest of him.

He leans into my ear and says " I really really really would enjoy" He paused a little and I heard him lick his lips "making you scream my name all night long" he burst out laughing

I playfully hit him in the chest and jump back into my seat. I crossed my arms across my chest and pout my lips.

"Oh, you so mad now?" he says in-between his laughs.

"Yup" I wasn't really mad but he didn't need to know that.

After a while he stopped laughing and looked across the table at me. I still had my "you really hurt my feelings" look on my face. I was going to make him pay for that joke. His ass wasn't funny and I wasn't gone let him slide.

I got up and started grabbing my things like I was about leave.

"Where you going we still haven't started yet?"

I hit him with a IDGAF look "Home" I started walking towards the door.

You would have thought that I was his baby mama trying to run away with his baby by the way this nigga was on my tails. Once he caught up with me he grabbed me by my waist and turned me around.

"I'm sorry. It was just a joke I didn't mean to upset you. I really need your help for this paper, please don't leave." I could tell by the look in his eyes he was being sincere. His ass really fell for this.

I immediately start laughing. "Oh My Gosh You should have seen your face" I say holding my stomach.

At first he looked kind of pissed off at me then he eventually started laughing along with me. We both were rolling until the librarian interrupted us.

"Sshhh, This is the library. If you two can't keep it down I will have to throw you out." This lady had to be about 65. She had tape holding together her glasses, white nurses shoes and this ugly green and brown dress that looked like they should be someone's table cloth or drapes. She was a hot mess. As soon as she walked away, we were at it again. If looks could kill we would be past dead by the look she shot us.

I stopped my laughter "Maybe we should get work before she kills us."

Once he picked a topic, together we knocked the story out effortlessly and with time to stare.

"So you heading home?" he says as we were heading towards the doors.

"Umm, yeah. Now I have to study for my own classes." I say pulling the straps of my backpack.

"Come on, I can drop you off."

"No, its okay I'll be fine"

"You'll rather wait for that slow ass bus shuttle than to ride with me ? I'm a little hurt."

I give him a kanye shrug. "I don't wanna make your girlfriend mad or nothing. So go ahead"

"Girl, you better get your little short behind in this car and you don't have to worry about someone who doesn't exist."

Him saying that kind of made my heart flutter. I don't know why because whether or not he has a girlfriend doesn't change the fact that wouldn't want me anyway. He's way out of my league. I bet all the girls he dates are super model pretty and then there's me. Plain Ole Arianna Taylor.