Chapter 29.02

Arianna's POV

December 26th, the day after Christmas

It's almost a week since I've been here in San Diego, home if you wanna call it that. Mostly my days have been spent running around with Adrianna doing last minute wedding stuff because that's basically the reason I even came back. I've spent some time with the few members of my family I do like and I've avoiding my parents like the black plague.

It's awkward being alone in the same room alone with them, especially since I came back. My mother greeted me once I made to the house with a smile and that never happens. It was weird considering I still had on my traveling clothes and my hair was all over the place, something she despises and drilled into my head to never go in public like that so I've been avoiding her and it isn't that hard when you live in six bedroom mansion and a bonus is she's always gone most of the day trying so hard to keep up the joneses or maybe even the Kardashians. Neither of them are hardly ever home. Toya is too busy trying keep with her reputation of having a picture perfect family and God knows whatever William has been up too.

I was doing a great job of staying out of their presence until this afternoon. I was having a good day actually; mostly all I did was chill with my cousins Cam and Justin watching movies in our theater room.

She caught me in the middle of stuffing my face with as much popcorn as possible and fawning over the hotness of Chris Evans playing Captain America and Chris Hemsworth playing Thor in the Avengers only for her to come and put all of my fun to a halt, sending Cam and Justin home and making sure to remind me to dress appropriately for dinner since we had company coming over.

So now after dreadfully getting dressed in a simple royal skater dress with a skinny black gold buckle belt along with some black and gold cap toe pumps along with doing my hair and makeup in preparation for a an unenjoyable dinner I'm going to be attending down stairs. I was laid on my back in my bed, holding Tristan's letter in front of face just staring at it. Tracing the black hand written letters of my name with my fingers as they contrasted with the white envelope that contains information that could change everything.

I still haven't opened or read it yet. Not because of a lack of trying because I made up my mind to open this letter a thousand times since I got here but I can't bring myself to do it quite yet.

This letter in my hands can change everything. I'm nervous, scared, eager, and anxious all at the same time all because of what this letter could say. I know I sound like a hypocrite because I practically tried to force Tristan into telling me everything but this is different. Everything I ever asked to know is right in my hands and it's left up to me to get it.

All the fighting, arguments, sacrifices I've made for him and whatever this envelope contains can either seem unimportant and childish or all of it could seem necessary after this.

This information holds the final piece of the puzzle of the man I love unconditionally. That's the scariest part, what if he isn't who I thought he was? Maybe he's....

No don't think like that....

Tristan Xavier Hill is my love and exactly who I think he is. His past is not his present. Yet how come his past has found a way into our present and possibly our future???

Fuck it, maybe I don't wanna know.

Still though, don't I have a right to know? I have the right as his girlfriend to find out why he hates one person so much that his whole demeanor changes once he's brought up or around?

Crazy thing is why is this such a secret? How can something so tragic and life altering happen and no one knows about it? Tristan is an attention magnet on campus, chicks care enough to find out what kind of toothpaste he uses yet no one has anything knowledge on the one thing that matters most? All of this really isn't adding up?