Chapter 21.01

Arianna's POV

The Day Before Thanksgiving

"No Tristan. I don't want to go. I'm scared" I grabbed onto the seat belt of the Zaire's cousins car as Tristan tried to grab me out . I knew I should've just caught a cab. See, right now Tristan and I are in Atlanta right outside of Tristan's house. The plan was for all of us to split up once we got to the airport. Monica and I were going with Monica's sister Jordan and Zaire and Tristan were to go with Zaire's cousin Tyler since Monica's house is on the other side of town. However, Jordan just happened to be caught in traffic and was going to be at least an hour late so the boys insisted we came with them and just waited at their houses.

That's how I ended up holding onto a seat belt for safety.

"I swear you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of" Tristan pleaded

"Look at me Tristan. Your mother is going to think I'm a bum and want her to really like me. " I pouted. I still had my travel clothes on. I was wearing some black sweat pants, one of Tristan's varsity hoodies, some Nike slides with black socks, and my hair was up in a bun.

"Arianna my mother isn't going to care about what you have on she isn't like that. Besides look at me a nigga out here looking straggly with no haircut" he took off his beanie and smiled at me.

" Your her son, she has to love you. Me I'm just the girlfriend she's going to hate. Hooray! " I faked cheered with sarcasm heavily in my voice.

"My mother is going to love you just like I do. She practically already does whenever she calls she always says When are you going to bring my future daughter in-law to meet me? The only way I see her disliking you is if you don't come in to meet her. She knows we're out here you keeps peeking out here"

" Fine" I sighed " but if she hates me I'm going to blame you" I finally got out of the car and grabbed his hand.

We began to walk up the pathway leading up to the house. I took a minute to take in the house. The house was yellow with white paneling and shudders. A big porch on the front with a swing and brick steps with hedges on either side. I glanced over to driveway and I spotted a basketball rim nailed above the garage. The whole place looked lived in and I loved that quality in a house because where I come from everyone's house looks the complete opposite.

When I reached the front door I rung the doorbell and paused with Tristan behind me.

"Why did you ring the doorbell?" he questioned

"I don't want to be rude and make your mother think I have no manners" I shrugged and bit my lip nervously

"You're going to be fine, relax" he tightened his hold on my hand and kissed my forehead before we walked in.

"Mama we're here!" Tristan called out.

"My baby boy is home!" a short caramel colored woman with black bob ran right into Tristan's open arms.

"I missed you Mama" Tristan tightened his already firm hug on her.

"I missed you too, Trey" That's the nickname that only his mother and I mean only his mother can call him! When they finally released each other his mother had tears in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away and started towards me.

"Hi, Mrs. Hill I'm Arianna" I said and held out my hand for a handshake.

"Honey I know exactly who you are. Tristan just won't shut up about you" she engulfed me in a big hug which shocked me.

"It's nice to finally meet my future daughter in-law. " she released me and smiled at me and Tristan.

"Mama... " Tristan started and began to rub the back of his neck. Which means he's embarrassed.