Chapter 16

Monica POV

As I headed up to the boys apartment, I was trembling. I haven't talked to Zaire since we had that argument. Well, if you could call him almost breaking down a door an argument. Anyway, yeah I haven't talked to since then and that was almost three days ago. I expected him to continue calling and texting me, although I didn't exactly plan on responding to his attempts. I was just trying my best to leave him out of this drama.

As the elevator came to my stop, I slowly walked down the hall towards the apartment door. I have no idea what I'm going to say to Zaire or how this is going to go, I'm just winging it and hoping for the best. I knock on the door lightly hoping no one would hear me and I could abort this mission and think about how I'm exactly going to go about this sticky situation I put myself in. A couple more light knocks and Zaire opens the door in all his shirtless glory. How the hell does he or anyone expect me to think clearly when a perfectly toned eight pack is in front of my eyes?

We're both just standing there at the door staring at each other. The emotion displayed on his face is annoyance and irritation. I hate that I'm the recipient of the look that's on his face, yet I'll brought this whole situation upon myself, no one else is at fault here.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I said finally dropping my gaze from his face.

He hesitated for a moment and ran his hands along his face in a frustrated manner before he opened the door wider so I could step inside. As I stepped inside the apartment, I saw Tristan sprawled over the couch playing what I'm guessing is Grand Theft Auto Five. The throw pillows are thrown all over the floor and Gatorade bottles and empty pizza boxes scattered along the coffee table. The living room just looked like they sat there on the couch playing video games and eating pizza.

"Um, Tristan? Tae 's waiting down stairs for you." I said as I followed Zaire to his room.

A few seconds later I heard the front door close and I knew we were alone, which meant I should probably start explaining my actions now.

"You said you wanted to talk, now talk?" Zaire said coldly without even looking up at me, he just sat on his bed gazing at the wall in front of us.

I walked towards him and sat right beside him. How am I going to say this?

"Uhh... I came over here because I wanted to explain my actions for the last week or so." I said and paused because I expected him to respond. I expected him to yell, snap or something. Instead he stayed still and kept his eyes focused on the wall.

"I just needed some time to think something through and I didn't want to bother you with my problems, so I went silent on the world for a while" I continued

"Really, I hadn't fucking noticed. "He snapped

"Don't be like that Zaire; this is already hard enough for me."

"Don't be like what? The way you treated me for two weeks. Now, this is hard on you? Try being ignored by the person you love more than anything in this in world. All of sudden, they just disappear and won't communicate with you no matter how hard try?" Zaire yelled and began pacing around the room.

"I know what I did was wrong, now and I'm sorry. That's the only way I felt like I could deal with what was going on. I felt closed in without any other options."

"How about fucking talking to me, Mon? You know that's what you do in a relationship, you talk. You had a problem you should feel comfortable enough to come and talk to me about it not cut me and the rest of the world off."

"I just couldn't talk to you about it; I didn't want to worry you. You already have so much on your plate and I didn't want to add more to it.

"Let me worry about what I can handle. Did I tell you I was struggling with all the things I have going on?" he asked