Chapter 31.01

Arianna's POV

You know the feeling you get when you finally realized how wrong you were? When reality smacks you right in the face making you see the error of your ways. That's how I feel.

After hours of crying my eyes out, I had no more tears left. Everything seemed to hurt and every time I thought to pick up the phone and call Tristan I couldn't bring myself to do it. I needed him right now but I couldn't pick up the phone. How do you talk to someone you fought so hard against when he was only trying to protect you??

I feel so stupid for arguing with him causing so much drama. I shouldn't have pushed him to tell me anything. I should have just listened to him for once instead of going all "I deserve to know" on him.

After I stormed out of my parents' house last night, I finally sat down and read his letter and with each word I read my heart broke.

Hey, baby

If you're reading this it means I was too emotional to actually say all of this to you in person. You've been so good to me and you deserve to know this so here goes nothing....

My freshman year on campus I thought really thought I was the shit. Living the fast life, playing ball, girls loved me, the dudes respected me, simply put I thought I was running things. But reality has a way of putting you in your place.

Over the year, I found some new guys I actually thought were my friends. We partied together, never really talked that much but I was naïve and called them my boys. Put my trust in them when I should've been keeping my distance and staying clear altogether.

Next year rolls around and nothing had changed, I was still the man and wasn't nobody going to tell me different. I was having fun only thinking of myself, but these rumors started popping up around campus that girls where getting roughed up at almost every party. I didn't pay no mind to it because I wasn't a girl and I knew my boys wasn't doing nothing like that. Boy was I wrong.

Homecoming sophomore year comes up and I was probably more excited than ever because my little sister was coming to town. Harmony was a senior so coming on college tours was normal, but naturally she wanted to come spend to check the school I was at. At the time I graduated and moved away, her and my pops were stationed in Atlanta. Impossible as it may sound that year we spent before I left for school together brought us closer than ever. She always was my little sister I loved like no other but then she became like my other best friend you know since Z was gone a year before I was. She used to tell me everything and I used to tell her everything, two peas in pod.

So she came to visit and of course I had rolled out the carpet for her. Sky box tickets, I made sure I was free so I could show her around and we could do anything she wanted. I was going to show her the time of her life but like I said life got in the way.

When she first touched down, I picked her up but coach had called a last minute meeting so of course I had to go and she would've had to wait. Then we run into one of my boys, Chase to be exact. We were cool and he offered to show her around while I was in my meeting. She genuinely seemed to be fine with going with him so I let it happen. My mistake.

The rest of the weekend they spent a lot of time together, it didn't bother me much because she was going back to Atlanta in a day or two so what harm could be done. Besides I trusted him to not fuck around with my sister since we were boys. After the game, I wanted to take off with Harmony and just do something the two of us. Like dinner or something so we could talk but she didn't seem interested she was more interested in the frat party going down on campus. I was skeptical didn't want her to go but she fought me. Told me she wasn't a little girl anymore and wanted to have fun after making her promise to me that she wouldn't even think about touching a drink, I agreed.