Chapter 23

Arianna's POV

"I can't believe I'm doing this" I said to Monica who had to drag me here.

We were sitting in her car outside of the clinic.

"Well believe it. I know what Tristan said and I know the circumstances, but you can't sit in our room in cry forever Tae. Tristan was an ass but I'm not letting you fail just because your boyfriend doesn't like your mentor and won't tell you why. He doesn't get to make that choice for you." She turned to me.

It's been 48 hours since Tristan and I's argument. He has called, texted, and everything else to try and get in touch with me. He even popped up outside of Monica's and I's English class but Mon wouldn't let him get to me.

I don't even know how our argument escalated to this point. I was just so angry and pissed that he literally told me to fail like my education isn't worth the same as his that I said the first thing that came to my mind. I know this is a touchy subject for him but him keeping secrets and giving me ultimatums only makes our relationship complicated.

"Why does it have to be so complicated? All I asked him to do was talk to me, Mon. That's it" I started tearing up again

"Oh no no no, we're not crying now. You've been crying for two days and right now you have to march in that clinic and do what you have to do. You're strong Arianna. Don't let this one thing hold me back." She smiled at me and handed me a Kleenex

"You're right. I can do this." I wiped my tears and straightened up

"I know I'm right. Now go on. Show these niggas whose boss." She smiled and gestured towards the clinic.

I took a deep breath, got out of the car and walked towards the entrance.

You can do this Arianna, just do what's asked of you. Maybe you won't even see Chase today.

I walked in and I immediately saw him.

Chase was standing right by the entrance if he was waiting on me.

"You're late, boyfriend hold you up?" he said to me with a smirk thrown on his face and his eyes on me.

"Sorry, I had something to do." I began to fidget under his gaze.

"Why you standing there acting like you nervous? I don't bite unless you want me to" he raised his eyebrow.

Does he have an off button?

"Maybe you should redirect that question to your flaw ass girlfriend. I'm only here to do my work and leave. Me being here is in no way a pleasure for me." I snapped and walked by him.

"Aww, did lover boy fuck up like I told you he would? Go ahead tell me I'm right." he caught up with me

"Nope, we're fine" I lied. Our business is our business not his.

"I find that hard to believe when your red eyes and bags tell a completely different story." He motioned to my face. "Besides I know for a fact he has a problem with you being around me." He chuckled

"Apparently not because I'm here right. Can we just get started or can you assign me some paper work to do?" I countered really not wanting to be around him any longer.

"I'll give you the choice. You can assist me with patients which is what you're supposed to be doing or you can go back to my office and file patient information"

"I'll be" he cut me off

"But I have you know if you choose the latter one you won't get credit for showing up today"

I sighed, I guess I can't win.

"Good girl, now you change into your scrubs in the locker room. Your locker is labeled." I walked away before he could finish.