Chapter 21.02

Arianna's POV

Thanksgiving Day

I was sitting down in Monica's grandmother's den with her family listening to them reminisce on old times, memories, and childhood stories. We had just finished eating about thirty minutes ago. Tristan and Zaire were supposed to be coming over in a while. Although what Monica said about her family was true, they are crazy. But you can tell they really love each other and that I enjoy.

I felt something tugging on my pant leg and I looked down. It was Monica niece and his sister's Jordan's daughter Emani.

"Aww, nobodies playing the baby attention." I picked her up and began tickling her. She's been clinging to me since we arrived here yesterday. Children always seem to like me.

"Keep that up and we're going to sneak out in order to go home. She's already going to cry for me when we leave if she gets attached to you it's going to be crying central" Monica sat down across from me on the couch

"Say aunties just hating cause she's afraid you're taking her best friend away. Can you say no no TT?" I smiled at Emani.

"No No, TT" she smiled and waved her little finger at Monica.

"Oh no, your turning on me, Moni? I'm hurt" Monica pretended to cry. Emani crawled over from my lap and got in Monica's.

"No cry, TT" she pulled Monica's hands away from her face and hugged Monica around the neck.

"She's the cutest." I said.

"Yea, she is. That's TT Monica's baby." Monica smiled at Emani

"Why are there two young handsome men outside of my house knocking?" I heard Monica's grandmother say. Monica and I just stared at each other while most of the men in Monica's family heading to towards the door.

"Umm... I'll get the door." Monica jumped up and gave Emani to me. Yet I followed right behind her with Emani in my arms.

"No, I got it." Monica's Uncle Calvin said while Monica groaned and we walked behind him.

"Who you?" Uncle Calvin barked directing it at the boys while only cracking the door

"Hi, I'm Zaire Anthony" Zaire smiled weakly

"I'm Tristan Hill" Tristan said

"Who you hear for? Last time I checked its Thanksgiving family only." He snarled at them.

"We're here to see Monica and Arianna." Zaire said

"My niece and her little friend? Nah homie. Ion know how I feel about that. Ya'll lil niggas might be trouble." He said about to close the door in their faces.

"Calvin Johnson, if you don't stop grilling em' children and let them in." Monica's grandmother said, walked to the door, and opened it for the boys, letting them in.

"Thank you Ma'am" they said in unison.

"Its fine, sugars. Now who belongs to who?" she smiled at them.

"Nana, this is Zaire." Monica spoke, walked to him and linked their arms.

"Nice to meet, Ma'am" he held out his hand for her to shake. She took it.

"Respectful and handsome, so far so good boy. Go on into the house and meet everybody." She waved them off as Monica pulled Zaire into the direction her whole family was.

"So I take it Mr. Dimples here belongs to you, Miss Arianna?" she turned to me.

"Yes Ma'am, this is Tristan" I walked to him.