T H R E E ~ Sebastian

☙☽◯☾❧   

"Sebastian...?"

Valor frowned, wrinkling his nose and looking between the two parents. They were beaming proudly at their choice of name for their newborn son. The future to the werewolf kind.

It was the fourth day after Octavia had given birth and the parents had finally decided on a name. 

Within the previous days, Valor had spoken to his brother about their dilemma. He urged for the parents to consider keeping their son hidden until he was of proper age. Though he wasn't certain that The Elders would still not do anything, Valor explained his and Mathis' theory that the boy would remain untouched until the age of sixteen when he was supposed to be registered as a shifted male.

"It gives him a good amount of years to have a childhood, just not exactly one that others will have."

Octavia frowned, looking down at the babe suckling her breast underneath the yellow blanket draped over her shoulder. Her son's eyes locked with hers, making her smile down at him before returning her frown to her brother-in-law.

"But... Valor... that's no life for a child. Seclusion? Really?"

"It's the best I can offer you, Octavia." Valor sternly responded. He crossed his arms on the table from which he sat across from the couple and reiterated that since they were to keep Sebastian a secret, it would mean that he'd have to stay inside at all times.

"We can't risk him being exposed. The community follows my instructions, I've already given orders to refrain from your household due to the loss of your child."

Octavia gasped, looking at her husband who frowned at his brother.

"But he's not dead, Valor. What of when he becomes of age? What are you to tell the community then?"

"Let me worry about that, will you? I've bought you both a few years to keep your son to yourself before his coming out. I'm aware that The Elders will find out about him, but what I'm hoping is by that time, I can try and convince them that Sebastian means no harm. That he's just a boy who is apart of the werewolf community as everyone else is."

Looking down at the yellow blanket from where only Sebastian's lower half was visual, Valor sighed.

"It's the only way to keep him safe."

Kosias watched the soft expression on his brother's face.

The younger was so used to seeing Valor uptight, with a stone face all the time. Even as children, his older brother was stern and level-headed. He was never a playful child, but was always following their father around to train as early as possible to take up the Alpha role. He was everything an Alpha should be.

There was an obvious change in his brother now though, Kosias noted. It wasn't too obvious when he'd do it, but Valor would often glance in the direction of Sebastian and his Alpha persona would melt away. 

It was a side to the older Balthasar that no one ever saw, except for the one time, only just yesterday, that Kosias had asked his brother to watch his son for a few minutes.

Valor had been sitting in his office, working on some paperwork, when Kosias just waltzed right in with his bundled son in his arms. When asked if he could spare a few minutes to watch Sebastian while he went to warm up some milk, Valor's eyes widened under his furrowed brows.