F O R T Y - E I G H T ~ The Light

☙☽◯☾❧

"That was the shortest meeting we've ever had..." Sebastian grumbled, still showing slight annoyance to being disrupted with Eleni this morning. 

Sebastian's father glanced at him as Valor was shutting the door and following them downstairs. Kosias grinned, shaking his head. He reminded Sebastian that there were responsibilities which had to be taken care of even with the endless temptation of ravishing one's mate.

Kosias laughed seeing his son's scowl deepen. Even as an adult, Sebastian still showed bits of when he was a child. It warmed the father's heart. 

The father ruffled his son's hair who growled playfully at Kosias. "Don't worry, Son. I'm sure the hormones Eleni has will give you another opportunity to make up for this morning." 

"Sure... just as long as you don't send for me to sit in on a meeting that I didn't need to partake in!"

Though the meeting was not crucial this time around, it did require Sebastian more than he believed. 

Valor needed for his nephew to sit in on meetings moving forward considering that his mate was human and for Eleni's protection, Sebastian needed to be informed with anything and everything that involved the communities or Alphas. Especially if it involved the Elders. 

For weeks Valor and Kosias wanted to lay out a plan to keep Eleni and her family safe. With Eleni's involvement with Sebastian, it was inevitable there would be chaos heading their way down the line. At least, according to Mathis.

The Shaman Alpha was the one who requested to speak with Valor and Kosias; urging for Sebastian to sit in. Mathis watched Sebastian throughout the meeting; how stoic the young man's face was compared to before Sebastian twined with Beathach

Mathis had shared with Valor the same dream he always had of Sebastian. The one where the young man was perched on the rock in the forest, his glowing eyes filled with a blood-thirsty fire and the commanding aura Sebastian stood in. 

"It's so much clearer now, Valor." Mathis frowned, shaking his head. He looked up at his friend who frowned back if that was such a bad thing. 

Mathis shrugged that the clarity of what Mathis could see began to focus when Eleni was revealed as Sebastian's mate. He raised his brows, stressing as he craned his neck forward. 

"This young woman is changing everything, Valor. What our world once was is shedding new light because of her attachment to Sebastian."

The other Alpha crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes and tilted his head. "What are you implying, Mathis? Are you trying to say Eleni's a danger?"

Mathis shut his eyes, letting out a heavy sigh. He shrugged that his dreams were unfair in the warnings provided before the discovery of Eleni. He explained how his dreams gave him sequences of Sebastian's life path but what had once been blurry was becoming more clear because Eleni's presence affected Sebastian's decisions.

With Eleni's presence, Mathis's dream-vision was becoming more and more clear in what was going to happen at some point in the near future. He reasoned that their Deity had plans---big plans---for uniting two different species as soulmates. 

Valor nodded in agreement, arms still crossed. "Yes, we know that."

The blond's gaze squinted, tilting his head when he noticed that Mathis pursed his mouth to the side and stared at the ground. Valor lowered a brow, studying the unnerved behavior.