T H I R T Y - E I G H T ~ Precious Human

☙☽◯☾❧

It was obvious to those in the Community their Head Alpha's temper was about to snap. He was already a moody man but was so easily set off. Even with the smallest issue. 

The spectators witnessed firsthand, however, the moment the Head Alpha lost his loyal beast. There was a wave of relief, and hope, sweeping through the crowd as their eyes first settled on the young woman in Sebastian Balthasar's arms. 

Gone was the darkness in the silver eyes of Sebastian. Nothing but light as he stared down at the nose-scrunched woman staring up at him. The young man's face changed---much to the Community's delight---once the woman ran to him, leaping into his arms and began kissing his face. 

The Community straightened a little, pushing their shoulders back once that heaviness that wafted the air began to evaporate. Some even felt smiles tugging on their faces as Sebastian held the woman closer, kissing her face as she'd done to him. 

All, that is, except for the fuming Alpha letting out a snarl that made Sebastian look over his shoulder. The weariness in Sebastian's gaze made the Community nervous.

Alpha Norton growled, lip curling as he stomped forward. He stopped halfway to where Sebastian was. The older man's nostrils flared, looking from Sebastian to the young woman and back. 

"Step away from the filthy creature, Beathach." 

Despite what happened moments ago, the Alpha refused to call the young man anything but his true name. The Goddess-given name even the Deity feared. 

With the demand for him to step away, Sebastian's brows furrowed and the muscles in his body tensed. He felt the moment Eleni did the same; her soft fingers digging into the skin on his back as they trembled. Her heart rate picked up, her breathing shaky. 

Once he placed her back on her feet, Sebastian turned around while pushing Eleni behind him as he faced Alpha Norton. The younger Werewolf straightened a bit more when his small mate nestled up against him; her shaking adding to the motivation to protect her. 

Sebastian not only had her to protect now but also their son. That moment of elated purity---hearing his beautiful mate confirm they were expecting---was diminished. 

Unfortunately, his celebration would have to wait because the raging gaze of the Head Alpha was going to be a lot sooner than he intended. Sebastian could feel it.

"I gave you an order, Beathach!" Killian spat, taking another step. He shifted his gaze to those behind the young man. His eyes narrowed immediately on Valor whose own posture changed with his shoulders back and chest puffed up. A silent challenge to the alpha.

Killian growled, "Meddling has always been your problem, Valor. It was why Beathach came to be in the first place." He saw Valor's frown appear though the man remained in his determined stance. 

The Head Alpha raised a bushy brow. He switched his gaze to the younger version of the Alpha. Shaking his head, Killian let out a dramatic sigh that it was pointless to hold out hope for Micah Balthasar to actually become an Alpha different than his father. 

"Yet here you stand..." Killian sneered. "An accomplice to your moronic father's betrayal to the Community."

The younger blond scowled, lip curling as he growled and stepped forward. Much to the two older Alpha's surprise.

"I'd choose your words wisely, Alpha Norton," Micah narrowed his eyes. He stood in front of his father, fists curled. "Head Alpha or not, you will respect his title. He is still an alpha. And don't drag the Community into your accusation."