F I F T Y - N I N E ~ The Battle PART I

☙☽◯☾❧

Eleni held up her hands, cupping them together and placed a small smile on her lips as a fairy landed. It stared at her, tilting its head and let out another of its confused song. It hugged her thumb, resting its head against Eleni. 

Eleni's smile widened a bit more, leaning closer to gently press a kiss to the fairy. She giggled when the fairy dramatically clutched its hands to its chest and stuck a leg out while tipping back. It spun around before falling backward, still clutching its chest. 

Sebastian appeared beside her, a quizzical look at the fairy making his mate explain that she kissed it. 

"Oh, I see..." Sebastian grinned, lowering a brow. He leaned closer to the fairy sitting up and staring at him. He squinted at it, muttering, "Don't get any ideas, though. She's taken." The fairy feigned distraught, throwing its arms up in the air and then fell backward. 

The couple laughed, shaking their heads before another fairy fluttered over and gave its song to the one in Eleni's hands. It nodded back before its wings opened to pull it back to its feet. The fairy bowed again to Eleni and then Sebastian before following the other fairies return to the trees. 

"C'mon, Elle," Sebastian whispered. "It's getting late. Your parents are going to be here early tomorrow morning."

His mate sighed, nodding and slipped her hand in his. Sebastian squeezed it a bit, kissing the side of her head. Eleni voiced how wonderful that experience was. She never thought she'd ever see a fairy in real life and it was the most glorious thing ever. She noted how her favorite part was Tristan's squeals of delight.

Sebastian let out a small chuckle. He looked over to where his son was being carried by his grandfather and a horrible version of Tristan's Lullaby was being sung. Tristan's grandmother winced, shaking her head and gestured for Kosias to hand over her grandson, that the other Werewolf was ruining the baby's song. 

"Moon Beam is extraordinary, Elle..." He turned his silver gaze to Eleni's brown one. "Just like his mother."

Eleni smiled, rising to the balls of her feet to kiss his jaw. They shared a stare of adoration which was cut short when the faint cry of Sebastian's name was heard. They turned towards the door, Sebastian holding out his arm in a silent gesture for Eleni to stay put. He made his way outside, stepping onto the porch and let his wolf's eyes take over to see better through the night. 

"Sebastian! Seb---Sebastian!" Bryce panted as he was running towards them. His eyes widened as he cried, "Something's coming!"

Sebastian frowned, his shoulders tensing as Bryce closed in, out of breath and sweaty. His panicked face was worried as he tried to breathe and speak at the same time. Bryce explained how Parker was still in the forest---making Sebastian's eyes look in the same direction---and that the Werewolf told Bryce to hurry back and warn Sebastian.

"I don't know what it is!" Bryce panted, leaning forward. He looked up when he saw his sister at the doorway. She was standing with Kosias. Bryce swallowed a breath before telling them that something was happening.

Kosias looked over to where his son was rolling his shoulders back. Kosias frowned, calling to his wife who was instructed to hand Tristan back to his mother. He needed for his wife to wake his brother and prepare him. 

"Go, now!" Kosias shouted, making Octavia give a firm nod before sprinting out of sight.

Kosias turned to Bryce, gesturing for him to follow before reaching Eleni. He took hold of her face and looked her in the eyes. "Eleni, I need you to take Tristan and hide in the cupboard. You do not come out for any reason, do you understand me?"