F O U R T E E N ~Parker

☙☽◯☾❧     

"I hadn't seen this attack coming, Valor. I wish i would have."

Valor was in the middle of a phone call with Mathis, relaying the attack that had occurred only a week ago.

He'd only decided to call the Shaman Alpha about Sebastian's early shift because Mathis seemed to have a connection with the boy. The Moon Goddess somehow made the Shaman Alpha someone important in Sebastian's life, and Valor made to always include him in decisions when it came to the boy.

Because of his strange dreams involving Sebastian, Mathis usually would inform the other Alpha about them. It wasn't sure if to be taken too seriously or not, but ever since Mathis had dreamt Sebastian speaking to Elder Phillips as a child, and then it actually happening, the two Alphas didn't want to ignore any little detail.

Valor sighed, rubbing at his temples and closed his eyes.

He had been budgeting their finances before deciding to take a break and making the phone call to the other Alpha, and still he had a headache.

He told Mathis that it was fine, that he wasn't expecting for the Shaman to know everything since this was just as new to him as it was for Sebastian. They hadn't told Sebastian entirely about what Mathis dreamed about. All the teenager knew was that the Alpha had special abilities that ran in his family and that Valor usually took advice from him every so often with certain situations—-leaving out the part that the "situations" were about Sebastian.

"How's he been doing?" the Shaman Alpha questioned.

He sounded rather intrigued since hearing about how early Sebastian shifted and explained to Valor that, again, it had to do with who the boy was. It was guessed that the Moon Goddess was slowly preparing her Twilight Savior when he needed it most. Just as he would need as much preparation as possible when the real time comes for the Twilight Savior to step up.

Valor replied that so far it was okay; his nephew had trouble shifting back to his human form, but that eventually he'll pick up.

"We have him training six hours a day. Three with combat and the other three in his wolf form. I figure that i have to prepare him as much as possible."

"Mm hm," the other Alpha on the phone agreed, "And some will come naturally to him. He's destined for greatness. We just don't know for what yet."

"I received another letter from the Elders," Valor mumbled, searching through his paperwork on his desk until he found the letter in question. His brows furrowed as he re-read the scribbled writing and sighed that it was mainly regarding the upbringing for Sebastian and that the Elders wanted to make sure that he was becoming a part of the community as a "normal" werewolf.

The Alpha rolled his eyes, grumbling that the Elders knew his nephew was anything but normal.

"They just want to contain him! But he hasn't even done anything wrong."

"Except be born," Mathis pointed out.

It was true. Because of the hard choke-hold the Elders had on all the werewolf communities; being the ones who they all looked to, a child from a legend that was mentioned centuries before, was born. And eventually, there was going to come a time when the Weres would turn to look at Sebastian and that was something that was unsettling to the Elders.

There was no doubt that was the reasoning behind trying to "contain" his nephew, but Valor wondered what the rogues had to do with it.

Was it possible that they too wanted to get rid of the Twilight Savior?