F I F T Y - S I X ~ Mrs. Bumpkins's Premonition II

☙☽◯☾❧

Micah frowned at the thick fog out in the front yard of his cousin's home. Though it was mid-morning, the thickness of the fog hadn't settled. Something the young Alpha-to-be took as a bad omen. 

His mind reeled with that morning's private meeting with Mrs. Bumpkins. There was no way any of them could think clearly with this impending storm hovering over them all. Micah's heart went out to his cousin. For years, Sebastian had wanted nothing but to have someone to love and care for like his parents, and with the trials between him and Eleni were finally settled... Sebastian is told of what is coming. The worst part of it all being that nothing could change the outcome of it all.

Micah shut his eyes, frowning more as he pictured the way Eleni tried to soothe her mate with not thinking of her death as a hindrance, but as an opportunity to make a better change in both the human and Werewolf world. Even as a human---soon to lose her life---Eleni was the strongest creature Micah ever encountered. 

Although there was much to think about, Micah was now seated out on the porch with this deep, dark heaviness clogging his chest. This was his own personal fear manifesting after Mrs. Bumpkins had pulled Micah aside when everyone dispersed after the meeting. 

The witch pulled him aside, asking to speak with him outside---not leaving room to argue and waddled her way out the door. Micah stared after her, confusion settling in while looking to his father who shrugged and nodded for Micah to go on and that the Alpha would see him at home. The younger blond nodded, following his father out and waited for Valor to bid his goodbye to the witch before making his way home.

Micah noticed the way Mrs. Bumpkins stared after his father; her brows pinched together. Micah's green eyes glanced at his father's retreating back and tensed when the woman finally spoke.

"You're going to have big shoes to fill sooner than you wanted, Young Alpha."

Micah's head snapped in the witch's direction, his brows furrowed and jaw clenched. His breathing already picked up from the lack of eye contact on the witch's part. Her gaze was straight ahead, still looking to where Micah's father disappeared into the fog. 

The blond swallowed the lump forming in his throat, his nose tingling with those painful prickles. Those green eyes welling up. 

"Mrs. Bumpkins..." Micah whispered. His shaky breath only added to the tightness in his throat.

The witch shut her eyes, letting out a long breath. She hated being the bearer of bad news---the middle man for the Moon Goddess---but Mrs. Bumpkins wanted for them all to be prepared. They needed to be ready for the unexpected.

When she opened her eyes, taking in the foggy surroundings, Mrs. Bumpkins could feel the distraught on the young Werewolf. Mrs. Bumpkins turned her head. She studied the way Micah's chin trembled, those pretty eyes of his letting the tears fall down his cheeks. It was a clear sign the Werewolf understood her meaning. What it would mean for Micah.

"You are Micah Adiel Balthasar---son of the great Head Alpha, Valor Balthasar. You are the one who is to follow in his footsteps and will become the backbone of your community. To everyone." 

Mrs. Bumpkins's brows furrowed. She nodded that, yes, Sebastian was the Twilight Savior---the legendary hero to save the Werewolf kind---but Micah was born different just as his cousin. It might not seem as significant to Micah but to Mrs. Bumpkins it was. "As it will be to those who you watch over."

Mrs. Bumpkins pursed her lips, grunting as she was struggling to seat herself on the porch step. She turned, looking up at the grim Micah and the witch patted the seat beside her. The blond sniffled, wiping his nose with the back of his hand and moved forward. Every step was heavier than the last but when he sat down, Micah couldn't hold it in any longer.